Themes On iOS

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
popcorn_2.gif

sashlon

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I literally can't believe how awful you people are here.

I will not be back, and I'm sad about that because I have a new device, and it's nice to have a forum for advice/support.

I'll find somewhere more civilized.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
sashlon - try not to take it personal. you stated your opinion, and rightfully so. let's just agree to disagree

things are a little heated right now. in all honesty there is no real reason why we all couldn't get along eventually

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
sashlon - try not to take it personal. you stated your opinion, and rightfully so. let's just agree to disagree

things are a little heated right now. in all honesty there is no real reason why we all couldn't get along eventually

Sure there is. The guy came here to rustle up dust...look at his post history. There was never any intention to come here and get advice/support for his iPad, he's just saying that because he feels it will get a reaction out of the mods here (a few of which have also seen right through his BS). Let's face it, there are members here that can enjoy iMore even while holding no interest in the devices the forum is based upon...they offer their opinion, at times even highly critical ones, but they find a balance, and they do it without the malice found here.

sashlon

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sure there is. The guy came here to rustle up dust...look at his post history. There was never any intention to come here and get advice/support for his iPad, he's just saying that because he feels it will get a reaction out of the mods here (a few of which have also seen right through his BS). Let's face it, there are members here that can enjoy iMore even while holding no interest in the devices the forum is based upon...they offer their opinion, at times even highly critical ones, but they find a balance, and they do it without the malice found here.

Actually, you're very wrong. But I'm not going to defend myself from someone like you.

I do have a new iOS device, and it's the first I've ever owned and I thought I'd join iMore to be part of that community. But now I regret ever coming here.

If expressing a divergent opinion gets you flamed and trolled, why bother with it?

sashlon

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Btw, what malice have I shown to anyone?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Steve Jobs said that. When Tim Cook was chosen to be the CEO, Steve told him to run the company the way he would do it, NOT how he would think that Steve would have. If Steve didn't believe in the BS of no medicine, he would never have released the 4" display, no iPad Mini, and the headphone jack WOULD NOT BE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE @&%^#*#%@*$*^$*#&*#&%*#^ PHONE! And the 5C does not have a color toggle, it is just the wallpaper, and the core applications conform slightly to those colors with translucent panels of glass sliding over the active information. Apple is not a conventional company, and Android is rarely "revolutionary" with its updates. Jut look at the next lone, it has a flatter UI with softer colors. Where have I ever seen that before? And that is where babies come from.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The only reason android devices, like Samsung's, need ridiculous amounts of RAM, and CPU cores, is to keep up with the lag BECAUSE WHY DOES A PHONE NEED A @^*$#@#%^&# OCTO-CORE CPU!!!!!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What is this? Smack down the new guy? Silence any differing opinion?

I never said it was a bad device

The ability to customise is a basic tenant of virtually any sort of computing OS. iOS is not better without it IMO. That was my point.

The 2 of you need to calm down and think about the way you interact with people.

So aggressive.

1. iOS falls into the category of "any sort of computing OS".
2. iOS does not allow the ability to customize (as some would define "customize").
Therefore, your statement "the ability to customi[z]e is a basic tenant (sic) (assume you meant 'tenet') of virtually any sort of computing OS is false.

For the record, I am perfectly calm. And I am simply stating the facts.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Aren't moderators supposed to 'moderate' discussions, not attack users?

I'm so sorry I ever came to this forum. Thanks for everything mate.

True, moderators "moderate" the forums. They are also forum members with opinions of their own, and with the inherent right to post their own opinions, in addition to their function of moderating the forums.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The only reason android devices, like Samsung's, need ridiculous amounts of RAM, and CPU cores, is to keep up with the lag BECAUSE WHY DOES A PHONE NEED A @^*$#@#%^&# OCTO-CORE CPU!!!!!!

Umm... Because OctaCore is revolutionary and innovative... duh.

You just wait until the 8-cores unleash their fury on the little iPhone...

Unleash the fury Samsung. Unleash the fury...

unleash-the-fury-o_zps737d569b.gif

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Being able to change the icons and a larger screen size are a few things that would make me consider using an iPhone again.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry I started this thread to only see how it has gotten out of hand. Going back on topic: I was never thinking that apple would allow the full customization of Android an widgets, i give 2 rats behinds about widgeta, but just something simple like WP. That a user could change the white color in-app background to a gray shade. Again, if you invert colors, you can almost obtain that.

P.S. I love the OS more than any other platform, just not the LOOK of 7. Not complaining, just not upgrading, my choice!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Although perhaps good form and etiquette, I don't think you need to apologize. The original topic, in my experience with other mobile and traditional OS's, is a reasonable one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR