Apple to hold next iPad and Mac event on October 22 | iMore Blog

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people will be quite pleased with that announcement. Thanks for posting it...:)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Something tells me this is gonna cost me. I think if they do a mini with retina I'm gonna sell my mini and ipad 3 and consolidate.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Looking to add another iPad to the household....maybe two. Everyone borrows mine. I would love to pass it down to the kids and get the wife and I new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's how I was last year. Got tired of never being able to use my iPad because the two kids were always on it. They both got iPad minis for Christmas. My daughters were 5 and 9 at the time. It's worked out really well.

Mine are 8 and 6 and they are saving to buy their own minis. They saved for their own iPods and want to do the same for the iPads. They have a long way to go though. I may help a little bit and move it along. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if we’ll really see a retina Mini? Or a Mini with TouchID? Or a retina Mini with TouchID?

From what I've read and it seems pretty credible. The Retina Mini won't be ready in time for an October release. But I still think it could be announced with the other iPads with a later date given for its release.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
From what I've read and it seems pretty credible. The Retina Mini won't be ready in time for an October release. But I still think it could be announced with the other iPads with a later date given for its release.

I really hope they don't announce a retina Mini if their plan is to release it a month later. Would feel very Blackberry-esque.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they bring some heat with some new Macbook Pros...let's see that Haswell in action, and see some substantially improved battery life figures. My Macbook Pro is already screaming with the addition of an SSD so the performance level I'm not so concerned with, and the idea of not being able to upgrade my internals myself made me sell my retina model...so I really need to see some battery life break throughs before I even begin to consider an upgrade to a newer model again.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Would be nice to see a 4 gen Apple TV, too.

This is what I'm hoping for as well. Especially if the rumors are true that Apple is negotiating with content providers to provide cable station content without the need for a bundled cable subscription. Can you say "the next big disruption"?

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to see what the new iPad mini brings. If it's a retina unit, it may make me consider selling or passing my iPad 3 on to my kids. If it has touch ID, even better. Other than that, I do want to grab another Apple TV at some point, and am waiting impatiently for Mavericks to be officially available.

I really hope they don't announce a retina Mini if their plan is to release it a month later. Would feel very Blackberry-esque.
It would only be BlackBerry-esque if they announce plans to release it a month later, then it somehow got delayed after that :rotfl:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If it is significant it might just get me buying a new iPad since I just gave my 2 away to a co-workers child who has a child type of authritis and wanted to make her feel better.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have learned that Apple does things in one speed...WARP I mean from the time they announced the 5C and 5S how fast were they out and in peoples hands, We just never know anymore do we?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro