What do you do with an iOS that doesn't get the latest update?

Ry

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 3GS and a second generation iPod touch. The iPhone is just my unlocked backup/international device. It's not getting iOS 7. The iPod touch was just a test device from my old job (mobile gaming). It got cut off at iOS 6.

And now I care less about these devices because they're not getting the latest updates. The iPod touch has has already been demoted to just a music player. I don't use the iPhone much but I'm not less interested in keeping it's apps up to date.

What do you do with your iOS devices that are no longer support by the latest iOS update?

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm so glad to find threads concerning 3GS still in use. I'm still using it today (September 23, 2013) as my only and primary phone, organizer, and some entertainment (I use iPad 3/iOS 7 as my primary entertainment device for movies/shows and games). But nevertheless still rocking my 3GS and proud!

When I get the 5S, and my old 3GS no longer a vital part of my life: I'll probably start playing around with jailbreaks on the 3GS (if possible from 6.1.3). And after I'm done with that, clean-sweep and use it as a dedicated music player in the garage. I don't see it dying anytime soon as the battery still going strong almost 5 years now. I'll probably pay the guy at the shop to give it a new rear panel just to give it some dignity - mines not just scratched, but missing pieces in corners, lol.

The first ever phone that I'm replacing that still works and works great!

Last edited:

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My iPad hasn't gotten any updates since iOS 5. I use it as an iPad, but not so often now that I have my iPhone. I will still be using it for work and watching Hulu, but other than that I will just use my iPhone and MacBook, which by the way has been locked off since Lion.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
No jailbreaks yet for the 5S. They all ship with iOS 7.

Oh my, my, I meant: "When I get the 5S, I'll probably start playing around with jailbreaks on my current 3GS (that's on 6.1.3).... the rest I was talking about my 3GS, not 5S. I'm not jail-braking that beauty...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73