What makes you choose ios?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I asked a similar question in the android central forums about why they choose android, and I'm curious why we all here choose ios over other OS's like android or windows phone? Is it app ecosystem? Lock in with purchased content? The experience?

I know the things I like about ios (and what will probaly ultimately draw me back to it from android) are that I feel I don't need to fight or manage my device on ios. I turn it on, it does what I want, and that's it. It's not doing tons of background stuff, it's not using unnecessary thing that waste my battery or my data, and the UI and apps as very polished. Not to say android apps aren't polished, I just think most ios apps have a little extra layer of polish and thought.

Also, I feel like I have less compromises with a ios device than I do 99 percent of android devices. I can't find a android phone that has a great camera, great battery life, great performance, gets timely software updates, and that I don't feel like I need another launcher to enjoy the Interface. There's isn't a single android phone that ticks all those boxes. Things like the moto x you sacrifice camera and screen, HTC ONE you sacrifice timely updates, and so on.

All modern iPhones seem to have great batterylife, great camera and all the other things I listed.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I asked a similar question in the android central forums about why they choose android, and I'm curious why we all here choose ios over other OS's like android or windows phone? Is it app ecosystem? Lock in with purchased content? The experience?

I know the things I like about ios (and what will probaly ultimately draw me back to it from android) are that I feel I don't need to fight or manage my device on ios. I turn it on, it does what I want, and that's it. It's not doing tons of background stuff, it's not using unnecessary thing that waste my battery or my data, and the UI and apps as very polished. Not to say android apps aren't polished, I just think most ios apps have a little extra layer of polish and thought.

Also, I feel like I have less compromises with a ios device than I do 99 percent of android devices. I can't find a android phone that has a great camera, great battery life, great performance, gets timely software updates, and that I don't feel like I need another launcher to enjoy the Interface. There's isn't a single android phone that ticks all those boxes. Things like the moto x you sacrifice camera and screen, HTC ONE you sacrifice timely updates, and so on.

All modern iPhones seem to have great batterylife, great camera and all the other things I listed.

Serious question here, how does the moto x not have a great screen but he iphone does?

The moto x has a slightly higher resolution but a slightly Lower ppi both of which should look really good.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I agree with all that the OP says. I also feel a better sense of security because of how hard it is to get an app into the App Store. I love the instant updates when Apple releases an update and not when the carrier feels like releasing it and having a phone that the OS is not versions behind. I also like the sharing of apps between phone and iPad.

It took Apple a little bit to catch up with some functionality. But the wait was definitely worth it.

I can't wait to be able to put more apps in one folder. I can't wait for easier access to wifi and Bluetooth switches. I can't wait for easier ways to close or switch apps.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you ask me why I choose iOS it's pretty much for the reason Keith posted. Just works for me.

If you ask me why I choose it over other platforms: Because there is an intangible day-to-day ease
of use to it that I never really had in other platforms. The closest was Blackberry in its heyday for me.

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
For me;

The way all idevises become integrated - icloud - imatch - the iOS makes the phone do everything I want it to do. Other platforms get close but not quite as good as apple

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I love android but I like iOS better its so much better to use and its so stable never any lag. The camera is great.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
windows tiles are gaudy and ugly imo and hard to tell apart, and it has few apps, and I just plain hate the UI top to bottom.

Android is clunky and often has crappier versions of apps compared to iOS, plus malware and bloatware, and is fragmented.

Blackberry is dying and has less apps than windows. Not going on that sinking ship

iOS is easy to use, smooth, dependable, well thought out, far less malware, no carrier bloatware, quality apps, is alive and thriving, and beautiful.

on top of that since I have a mac, everything syncs and works together like a charm.

I love the mac too. especially now with windows adopting that horrible UI for its desktop too.

I also like iwork. paid for it once and its mine, its less complicated than office, doesn't cost 99 bucks a year, and works for all my devices. now its free on new devices and in the cloud too.

I like how apples stuff is all meticulously well thought out with the goal of good user experience, and how they don't just cram as many specs and features and half baked gimmicks they can find into everything.

I just love apples ecosystem, its top notch hardware, its excellent OS for mac and phone, and on top of all that its customer service which nobody else comes close to beating. anybody who's gone to an apple store knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
windows tiles are gaudy and ugly imo and hard to tell apart, and it has few apps, and I just plain hate the UI top to bottom.

Android is clunky and often has crappier versions of apps compared to iOS, plus malware and bloatware, and is fragmented.

Blackberry is dying and has less apps than windows. Not going on that sinking ship

iOS is easy to use, smooth, dependable, well thought out, far less malware, no carrier bloatware, quality apps, is alive and thriving, and beautiful.

on top of that since I have a mac, everything syncs and works together like a charm.

I love the mac too. especially now with windows adopting that horrible UI for its desktop too.

I also like iwork. paid for it once and its mine, its less complicated than office, doesn't cost 99 bucks a year, and works for all my devices. now its free on new devices and in the cloud too.

I like how apples stuff is all meticulously well thought out with the goal of good user experience, and how they don't just cram as many specs and features and half baked gimmicks they can find into everything.

I just love apples ecosystem, its top notch hardware, its excellent OS for mac and phone, and on top of all that its customer service which nobody else comes close to beating. anybody who's gone to an apple store knows what I'm talking about.

Malware on android is kind of a urban myth. As long as you stick to the plays tore, your cool. Other points I agree with though.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Same reason I chose a MacBook six years ago instead of getting another PC, ease of use. Pretty simple, but that's the main reason. Also, connectivity between their OS is a big plus.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Probably the main reason is because Apple designs both the hardware and software. Also having tools like itunes allows easy mgmt of devices, sharing among devices as well as apple tv, and direct updates. Apple provides devs with the best tools and a much more simplified set of devices these apps will be used on.

There's this myth out there that android offers better specs or more features. Yet, you won't find a better combination of software/hardware in a smartphone than the iphone 5S (the iphone 5 or 5C probably ranks second). The world's fastest smartphone. The only 64bit experience. Best screen. Best storage offerings. Best support. Best features. Apple was already leading by a wide margin and basically leaped ahead by another country mile with ios 7 and the 5S.

Other users switch to android or other because of a single feature such as bigger screen or perceived better camera. But for best overall, there's no comparison.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Like Keith said, it just works. After coming from a headache known as BlackBerry it was a refreshing surprise to have a phone that worked right out of the box and two years later, is still working just fine.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Integration between my iPad, iPhone, and AppleTV. I really need Santa Claus to bring me a MAC Book for Christmas and I will be set!

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Everything seems to work, simply work. It doesn?t seem that way on my Nexus 7.

Though simple, the OS gives me what I need and everything is relatively easy to access.

Unparalleled quality apps. I use both platforms, and I think iOS apps are generally much better.

Works well with my MacBook Air.

Great performance that doesn?t seem to degrade over time.

Great support for my other Apple products like my Apple TV. Airplay is awesome.

I feel very comfortable and relaxed using it. Other platforms tend to stress me out a bit. Strange.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner