Battery life
Stylish
Camera
Keyboard
Fluidity
Simple to use
No bloat ware
Software optimized to hardware

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
i had an iphone and then i went to droid and i didnt like using google play to download games and dont get me wrong they both have a lot of apps but i feel like iOS is more organized with all of their apps and everything

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Simple and stable. I don't have to deal with issues when I need to use my device. Works solid every time I go to use it

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's dependable and stable. I don't have to shrink or tweak OS leaks anymore. iOS just works.
+1000 on this !! lol.

Accessories
Form factor
Customer service
Timely updates
App selection and quality
Storage capacity (i don't store movies, vids or music- i literally only have 65 songs on mine lol. Now pics....thats different!)
Retail value
AirPlay
Battery life
Stylish
Camera
Keyboard
Fluidity
Simple to use
No bloat ware
Software optimized to hardware

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

+1 - i just crossed off the ones that didn't apply towards my choice reasons:)

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've seen your post on android forum... Incredibly awesome idea to post these at the same time. Here's my reply:

1. The phone I use today (3GS) was the only choice at the time when I bought it. I got lucky to have ended up in iOS ecosystem. I don't have much purchases that is locking me in - I can easily switch. The fact that my plastic iPhone lasted so long and is running latest update that iPhone 5 users got is a huge plus for me to invest into iPhone again.
2. I've seen android UI, it is cluttered, inconsistent menu designs, app designs, and third-party bloat.
3. I never have to worry about what's happening on my phone - it is straight forward - regardless of plethora of added features, menus, items, apps, over the years by Apple or myself.
4. Apple surprises you with big and little things - and you don't have to buy a new phone to get most of them. Like a completely rebuilt iOS. I got iOS 3, iOS 4, iOS 5, and iOS 6 all on ONE (same) phone that I purchased nearly 5 years ago. I didn't have iCloud, multitasking, copy/paste, wireless updates, and more available on my phone when I bought it - for some reason "the greedy apple" as they call it, makes sure that the older models get as much as hardware permits as the new guys.
5. I got an iPad (3rd gen) a while later after I bough my phone - and like clockwork, they sync together as if built for each other. I'm using Siri on my iPad to set up calendar or reminders on my old iPhone. My music on my phone is available on my iPad - without effort.
6. But the biggest reason iOS/Apple is for me - the design of the whole ecosystem, hardware, software, the attention to detail - the similarity between all products even if I'm getting my notes using my PC from iCloud - good example: today I was surprised when I went to iCloud and the new design of iOS is already taken over - That CONSISTENCY is what will keep me with iOS and the lack of it will keep me from android.
7. And then there's this great article: On The Future of iOS and Android | steve cheney ? technology, business & strategy. The future of iOS seems more promising. Android may be "in your face" kind of showoff, but Apple's innovation also lies in the background.

RavenSword, thanks for the thread.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Dependability. The phone works, from day one, all the time, no problems, no drama.

My life is complicated. My iPhone makes it less complicated and doesn't add additional complications.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The reviews are out for the 5S. Again, world's fastest smartphone by a landslide. Samsung and others will catch up or surpass this year in hardware and you can be sure google is busy trying to figure out how to do android in 64bit and yet when they do figure it out, it'll still lag. But that's months away. As are any apps or sdk for it. They're probably going nuts trying to figure out to install a fingerprint sensor that actually works given the fragmented android/different hardware mosaic.

Meanwhile, if you want the future, you buy an iphone 5S.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
The reviews are out for the 5S. Again, world's fastest smartphone by a landslide. Samsung and others will catch up or surpass this year in hardware and you can be sure google is busy trying to figure out how to do android in 64bit and yet when they do figure it out, it'll still lag. But that's months away. As are any apps or sdk for it. They're probably going nuts trying to figure out to install a fingerprint sensor that actually works given the fragmented android/different hardware mosaic.

Meanwhile, if you want the future, you buy an iphone 5S.

Innovation and other competition is what makes this awesome!!!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Dependability. The phone works, from day one, all the time, no problems, no drama.

My life is complicated. My iPhone makes it less complicated and doesn't add additional complications.

Absolutely my #1 reason as well. Every phone I've ever owned (with the exception of an old iPhone 3G and an iPhone 5) has failed me at an inopportune time.
#2 reason was the form factor of the iPhone.
#3 reason is that the phone does exactly what I need it to, without a need for tinkering.
Would I like more customization options? Sure. But those additional options are not worth the trade-off of having to deal with the issues of other systems at this point.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've seen your post on android forum... Incredibly awesome idea to post these at the same time. Here's my reply:

1. The phone I use today (3GS) was the only choice at the time when I bought it. I got lucky to have ended up in iOS ecosystem. I don't have much purchases that is locking me in - I can easily switch. The fact that my plastic iPhone lasted so long and is running latest update that iPhone 5 users got is a huge plus for me to invest into iPhone again.
2. I've seen android UI, it is cluttered, inconsistent menu designs, app designs, and third-party bloat.
3. I never have to worry about what's happening on my phone - it is straight forward - regardless of plethora of added features, menus, items, apps, over the years by Apple or myself.
4. Apple surprises you with big and little things - and you don't have to buy a new phone to get most of them. Like a completely rebuilt iOS. I got iOS 3, iOS 4, iOS 5, and iOS 6 all on ONE (same) phone that I purchased nearly 5 years ago. I didn't have iCloud, multitasking, copy/paste, wireless updates, and more available on my phone when I bought it - for some reason "the greedy apple" as they call it, makes sure that the older models get as much as hardware permits as the new guys.
5. I got an iPad (3rd gen) a while later after I bough my phone - and like clockwork, they sync together as if built for each other. I'm using Siri on my iPad to set up calendar or reminders on my old iPhone. My music on my phone is available on my iPad - without effort.
6. But the biggest reason iOS/Apple is for me - the design of the whole ecosystem, hardware, software, the attention to detail - the similarity between all products even if I'm getting my notes using my PC from iCloud - good example: today I was surprised when I went to iCloud and the new design of iOS is already taken over - That CONSISTENCY is what will keep me with iOS and the lack of it will keep me from android.
7. And then there's this great article: On The Future of iOS and Android | steve cheney ? technology, business & strategy. The future of iOS seems more promising. Android may be "in your face" kind of showoff, but Apple's innovation also lies in the background.

RavenSword, thanks for the thread.

Your welcome :) thought it would be a good discussion.

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
... I feel I don't need to fight or manage my device on ios. I turn it on, it does what I want, and that's it. It's not doing tons of background stuff, it's not using unnecessary thing that waste my battery or my data, and the UI and apps as very polished. Not to say android apps aren't polished, I just think most ios apps have a little extra layer of polish and thought.

I really have to agree with you. I've tried Android and Windows Phone 8 as well and when I tell people why I went back to iOS it was always because "it just worked".

It has been a couple of years since I've touched an Android device so I borrowed my husband's Samsung Galaxy S 3 and played with it for several hours. It does just about everything I can do on iOS just as well (and sometimes even better - I like Android virtual keyboards better). But each app for either mail, or calendar, or texting didn't seem they were made by the same developer - they seem disjointed to me. They worked, but not seamlessly. I found a picture of our cats on my husbands phone that I wanted to send myself to have on my iPhone. I sent a multimedia message to myself and never received it. Later my husband said the message failed and he resent it. I got it hours later. I don't think I would have had that issue on iOS at all. Plus I use Outlook.com for email and calendar and don't like (or trust) Google, which is another strike against Android for me.

I tried WP8 on the Nokia Lumia 822 and 928. I'll admit I liked it a lot more than Android. The individual apps seemed very Android-like to my eyes, but they seemed to work better with each other and Microsoft managed to do what I believe Google didn't with Android and make a cohesive experience. But there were some things that WP8 had were show stoppers for me, like: no automatic image downloads in emails; sync issues with email; group text issues; and odd use of background apps.

The biggest issue I've had with any other device other than iPhone is why cannot Android and WP8 use just one button like iPhone does? It always throws me for the biggest loop and I'm always hitting the wrong button with my fat palms when navigating one-handed.

Until someone else comes along with a one-button device and that just works as it should out of the box - I'm staying with Apple.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77