Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Ferny's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default iTunes Radio is up and running

    I've got Radio working. Not sure if it's because I've got Match or not, but listening to it as I enter this post.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
    I've got Radio working. Not sure if it's because I've got Match or not, but listening to it as I enter this post.
    I'm assuming you have iOS 7 GM installed?
  3. #3  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,340 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,221 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    It was working (mostly... with occasional quirks...) in the last few betas... I'll have to see if the Pop Jazz channel still plays about 8 songs before starting over again or crapping out after one or two songs...
  4. #4  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    It's working for me. It's interesting, but I won't be a frequent user. I prefer to listen to music I have downloaded instead if burning through data.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  5. #5  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,340 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,221 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    I prefer to listen to music I have downloaded instead if burning through data.
    Ummm.... wifi? I'll use it on wifi... and my iTunes library on the phone when not on wifi.
  6. #6  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Ummm.... wifi? I'll use it on wifi... and my iTunes library on the phone when not on wifi.
    Can't always have WiFi! We don't have WiFi at work, so I have to either listen to my music or burn data!


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  7. #7  
    Dennisgarcia's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    792 Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Yup. was working for me since beta 1 its a pretty cool little inside app. beats having to download pandora.
  8. #8  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,340 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,221 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Pop Jazz channel working as expected and as other channels I've tried... they're getting the kinks worked out...
  9. #9  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,271 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    One thing I don't like (compared to my standby Pandora), is that on the featured stations, you cannot star a song or select never play it again. I would be ok if they just copied the station to your personal stations and then allowed you to manipulate the song list.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    I agree that they are working out the kinks, but it's not bad. Like Karen, I have Pandora on standby. The iTunes Radio's similar song selection is not quite there yet.
  11. #11  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,271 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I agree that they are working out the kinks, but it's not bad. Like Karen, I have Pandora on standby. The iTunes Radio's similar song selection is not quite there yet.
    But I did already set my paid Pandora subscription to not auto renew.
  12. #12  
    projectman's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Ummm.... wifi? I'll use it on wifi... and my iTunes library on the phone when not on wifi.
    I have a rule in my house that my kids MUST be on WiFi to do any streaming or downloads. Including my wife there are 4 iPhone users in my house and 2 iPads (we use them as part of our homeschooling efforts) and we have quite a bit of streaming going on. I recently received a notice from my Internet provider that my Internet usage had exceeded the level for which I was paying. They said I would not be charged extra but that I would notice more frequent download issues. So I can't just assume that WiFi access is going to solve my data usage problems anymore. Guess I will have to send the kids down the street to Panera Bread Co to use their WiFi... Just kidding.
    Just off-topic commentary on the WiFi solution to data usage.

    I like the idea of iTunes Radio but I will be pushing my kids toward music we own and ensure it is on the device...rather than streaming music constantly...
  13. #13  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,340 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,221 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    If you have capped data on your home internet even wifi streaming can become an issue... that's what they call a #nerdworldproblem -
  14. #14  
    GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,740 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    Can't always have WiFi! We don't have WiFi at work, so I have to either listen to my music or burn data!


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Or if you have it like I do at work, everything streaming is blocked. No Netflix. No Sirius. No YouTube. No Pandora.
  15. #15  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Just got home and cranked up iTunes to do the 24 app updates for today along with the 11 from yesterday, I am happy the Devs are trying their best to keep up on their end. Got a notice that I had a new version of iTunes and the iCloud Control panel of which I downloaded both. I had a bit of time to check out the new radio feature and at face so far it appears pretty cool and added a few channels. I will have to wait until i have more time to play with in in more detail but so far so good.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-19-2013 at 05:49 PM.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Just got home and cranked up iTunes to do the 24 app updates for today along with the 11 from yesterday, I am happy the Devs are trying their best to keep up on their end. God a notice that I had a new version of iTunes and the iCloud Control panel of which I downloaded both. I had a bit of time to check out the new radio feature and at face so far it appears pretty cool and added a few channels. I will have to wait until i have more time to play with in in more detail but so far so good.
    So agree, think the Dev's did a fantastic job, keeping up on their end. The App's are looking great.
  17. #17  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,210 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    I've been using it all day today actually and I REALLY like it a lot! I had the other music streaming apps on my phone, but rarely used them...and this might fall into that same boat, but right now, I'm in!
  18. #18  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,574 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I've been using it all day today actually and I REALLY like it a lot! I had the other music streaming apps on my phone, but rarely used them...and this might fall into that same boat, but right now, I'm in!
    Yep. Giving it a listen this morning... been going for about 3 hours, and I have no complaints. Even the ads are unobtrusive... barely even notice... of course, I’m working and using it as background noise... but still... good selection of music and nary a tech glitch.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Just got home and cranked up iTunes to do the 24 app updates for today along with the 11 from yesterday, I am happy the Devs are trying their best to keep up on their end. God a notice that I had a new version of iTunes and the iCloud Control panel of which I downloaded both. I had a bit of time to check out the new radio feature and at face so far it appears pretty cool and added a few channels. I will have to wait until i have more time to play with in in more detail but so far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    So agree, think the Dev's did a fantastic job, keeping up on their end. The App's are looking great.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I've been using it all day today actually and I REALLY like it a lot! I had the other music streaming apps on my phone, but rarely used them...and this might fall into that same boat, but right now, I'm in!

    Like I stated in a similar thread, I've deleted the other music service apps because I found the iTunes Radio app to be fantastic with its music selection.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  20. #20  
    B1ue_B1aze's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    107 Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    It's pretty darn good when it works. I've been trying it out for the past day since updating iTunes on my Mac, and it's good. However I have this issue that frequently occurs where iTunes says my Mac is not authorized to access this content. This always happens when I open iTunes from when it has been quit and sometimes between songs. I am able to fix it by just telling it to authorize my computer, and then it just says it's already authorized, but that seems to do the trick, but then it happens again as I described above. Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue or not.
  21. #21  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,974 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,881 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    I've been listening to it today at work. The stream sounds to be a pretty high quality and it hasn't cut out yet. I'll keep taking it for a spin.
  22. #22  
    rosser's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Meh. I don't much care for it. I think I'll stick to Spotify and Sirius


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  23. #23  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Like I stated in a similar thread, I've deleted the other music service apps because I found the iTunes Radio app to be fantastic with its music selection.
    The Music selection is was surprised me. So far i am all in because it has more genres that I had anticipated and it sounds good through my desktop Bose speakers.
  24. #24  
    madeinhb's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by rosser View Post
    Meh. I don't much care for it. I think I'll stick to Spotify and Sirius


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will be canceling Sirius. I can get the same genres for free through iTunes music.
  25. #25  
    SWFLFFPM's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

    Default Re: iTunes Radio is up and running

    Quote Originally Posted by B1ue_B1aze View Post
    It's pretty darn good when it works. I've been trying it out for the past day since updating iTunes on my Mac, and it's good. However I have this issue that frequently occurs where iTunes says my Mac is not authorized to access this content. This always happens when I open iTunes from when it has been quit and sometimes between songs. I am able to fix it by just telling it to authorize my computer, and then it just says it's already authorized, but that seems to do the trick, but then it happens again as I described above. Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue or not.
    Help me out here...

    I am a Mac newbie and always get this error message. Walk me through the "authorize my computer" fix please.

    Do you have to be signed in to iTunes?

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] 2 16GB Black and White iPhone 5's
    By haxrnick in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 06:55 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 05:53 AM
  3. iOS 7 and itunes beta question
    By justin_aga in forum iOS 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 08:33 PM
  4. iPhone 4 won't turn on, not recognized by iTunes
    By nikola2706 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 07:20 AM
  5. iPhone 4 won't turn on, not recognized by iTunes
    By nikola2706 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 05:46 AM

Posting Permissions