NextWorth VS Gazelle for iPhone 5 trade in:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
First, I would really like to hear from those who have used Nextworth in the past and what kind of experience you had with them.... I am going to trade in my unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 to either Gazelle or Nextworth. However, Gazelle is only offering me $340 for it while Nextworth will give me $451 with the promo code that I have. I've used Gazelle several times in the past and always got the first offer along with a very fast payment return from them. I have never used Nextworth and find that their reviews are both good and bad so I'm not sure if the extra money is worth the risk of selling it to them or not. I will not sell my iP5 on CL or eBay so please don't mention them. Thanks for any advice you can offer me with this.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379210432.127891.jpg.......ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379210451.083946.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You could see what GameStop offers also .. And you can take it in person

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
GameStop is 366 cash or 460 in store credit

Or 10 more if you include the lightning cable

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Or if you're doing a trade in use Amazon. The only downside is you only get paid as an Amazon gift card. But I shop there a lot.
Thanks Karen. Amazon wouldn't work for me as I don't buy a lot from them and would rather have the cash.

Thanks. I will check Gamestop, but usually they are pretty cheap with what they offer.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the retail stores do on the spot trade-ins though at the time of purchase of a new iPhone. That could be very convenient.

That would definitely be convenient. I wasn't planning on doing a on the spot trade in, though. As I want to see whether I like the new iPhone or not before sending in my current iPhone 5. I like Gazelle and NextWorth for the fact that both of them offer a 30 day lock in offer. This gives me time to check the new 5S out before sending my 5 in.

techfan1972

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
HIgh offer prices don't always get paid out in the end.

Reseller ratings has reviews of both:

Gazelle - 9.7 out of 10 (1600 reviews) Gazelle Reviews - gazelle.com Ratings at ResellerRatings
Nextworth - .67 out of 10 (15 reviews) NextWorth Reviews - nextworth.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

For in-store programs, they are convenient if you are buying there but usually don't pay as well as online and require you to renew your carrier contract. More strings and less money than selling online.

Thanks for posting the scores. I've pretty much ruled out going with Nextworth due to what I have read about them so far.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Peligro, I stopped by my local GameStop after church this morning and they confirmed what you posted here. The guy said my iPhone 5 looked like it was brand new and offered to give me $366 cash for it, or $460 store credit. I'll make my final decision next week, but right now I think I'll probably take their cash offer. It's very convenient since I don't have to mail it in and wait for someone to inspect it not knowing if they will even give me the original price that they quoted.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I know this is not in regards to your question but you can post a listing on Swappa. You post you listing and price, all payments and receives are done through PayPal

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Peligro, I stopped by my local GameStop after church this morning and they confirmed what you posted here. The guy said my iPhone 5 looked like it was brand new and offered to give me $366 cash for it, or $460 store credit. I'll make my final decision next week, but right now I think I'll probably take their cash offer. It's very convenient since I don't have to mail it in and wait for someone to inspect it not knowing if they will even give me the original price that they quoted.

Ya I have one across from my house also if I can't sell it on eBay I'm def going to use them also

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this is not in regards to your question but you can post a listing on Swappa. You post you listing and price, all payments and receives are done through PayPal

Thanks, but I would rather go through my local GameStop.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well nm gamestop lol just sold my 5 16 gb on eBay for 430 so I'll get like 380 .. Not bad

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I highly recommend Gazelle. I've sold 5 devices through them and it always works flawlessly. Tell them what you have and be honest about the condition, don't say your device is flawless if its scratched.

Mine have always been in like-new condition because if Otterboxes. They send you the box in 2-3 days, you ship it back, then you have a check in about 5-10 days. I've never gotten a quote and then not gotten that number paid out. You just have to be honest and realistic about your device condition.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend Gazelle. I've sold 5 devices through them and it always works flawlessly. Tell them what you have and be honest about the condition, don't say your device is flawless if its scratched.

Mine have always been in like-new condition because if Otterboxes. They send you the box in 2-3 days, you ship it back, then you have a check in about 5-10 days. I've never gotten a quote and then not gotten that number paid out. You just have to be honest and realistic about your device condition.
Agreed. I have also used Gazelle many times and always got the price for the best condition because all my devices still look like new when I trade them it. However, this time I'm going with GameStop for my trade as they are offing more and I don't have to mail my iPhone in and wait to get paid.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711