Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Fausty82
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    1,355 Global Posts

Default iPhone 5C = iPhone 5?

So I have not had time to look into all the specs in detail...but from what I could gather is that the iPhone 5c is just the iPhone 5, but with a different "colourful" plastic body?

This is supposed to be their entry into the emerging markets and low-mid cost devices, yet all they did was take their iPhones 5 and all the chips they have for the iPhone 5 and just replaced the body.

We can see this to be true because they are discontinuing the iPhone 5, but keeping the 4S...so clearly they are just changing the casing on the iPhone 5c.

I hope I am not the only one to realize this, and that Apple is just hiding the fact that they did not create a new iPhone, they just put a new cover on the iPhone 5 and changed the name
    Thanked by:
    abranch352 (09-10-2013)

Global Posts
    19,527 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iPhone 5C = iPhone 5?

Quote Originally Posted by mphillips828 View Post
    So I have not had time to look into all the specs in detail...but from what I could gather is that the iPhone 5c is just the iPhone 5, but with a different "colourful" plastic body?

This is supposed to be their entry into the emerging markets and low-mid cost devices, yet all they did was take their iPhones 5 and all the chips they have for the iPhone 5 and just replaced the body.

We can see this to be true because they are discontinuing the iPhone 5, but keeping the 4S...so clearly they are just changing the casing on the iPhone 5c.

I hope I am not the only one to realize this, and that Apple is just hiding the fact that they did not create a new iPhone, they just put a new cover on the iPhone 5 and changed the name
    Some people will definitely see it that way...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,208 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Has a better front camera
    iMore Nanite

Glad to see someone else noticed this as well. The normal practice has been to sell last years flagship phone at $100 less. This year we get less phone (plastic now) for that price. I wonder how many people will be blinded by the colors and not notice what a bad deal this really is.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by abranch352 View Post
    Glad to see someone else noticed this as well. The normal practice has been to sell last years flagship phone at $100 less. This year we get less phone (plastic now) for that price. I wonder how many people will be blinded by the colors and not notice what a bad deal this really is.
    If they’re coming from a Samsung device, they’re used to plastic.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    19,527 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by abranch352 View Post
    Buying the 5C is not a bad deal, in my opinion. The different colors in and of themselves will be worth to a great deal of people.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Buying the 5C is not a bad deal, in my opinion. The different colors in and of themselves will be worth to a great deal of people.
    I’ve got a mess of granddaughters (ages 2 to 12), each of whom are crazy about the new color options... as a 60 year old grandfather, they don’t move me quite so much.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that there’s an iPhone for each market segment... Apple knows what they’re doing... of that I have no doubt.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Well some will see it like this others will have the powerful mindset and say it has a better camera (front )bigger battery and I can choose from 5 colors .. All for 99 or 199 and now I get 32 gig .. Vs before when Apple would lower the price only option was the free 8gb or the 99 16 gig if you wanted 32 then u would have to get the latest model and pay the 299

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !