I’m reading around the internet blogs that Apple is making some changes to AppleCare+... specifically they are raising the "incident" cost from $49 to $79. This means that you’ll still pay $99 for 2 years of coverage, and the coverage/exclusions will be the same (essentially it will cover everything except loss or theft), but you will have to fork over $79 per incident to get a replacement phone. You are still limited to 2 incidents within the 2 year period.
    Jaguarr40 and John Yester like this.
    09-10-2013 04:34 PM
    Whoa! I suppose it's still better than paying full price for another one, huh?... Thanks for the tip, sir.
    09-10-2013 05:02 PM
    Whoa! I suppose it's still better than paying full price for another one, huh?... Thanks for the tip, sir.
    Here's the info from the Apple website... it’s true, according to the website:
    Attached Thumbnails AppleCare+ changes...-screen-shot-2013-09-10-4.36.24-pm.png  
    Jaguarr40 and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-10-2013 06:39 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if I could get Apple to Grandfather the AC+ plan that I got with my iPhone 5 last year. That way I could keep my $50 deductible for one more year, lol.
    09-10-2013 06:49 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if I could get Apple to Grandfather the AC+ plan that I got with my iPhone 5 last year. That way I could keep my $50 deductible for one more year, lol.
    Good question. When we bought the plan, it was $49 replacement... need a lah-yer to sort it out, but I would sure argue my case, if I needed to... I can be quite persuasive loud annoying.
    Eileen89 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    09-10-2013 06:55 PM
    I’m reading around the internet blogs that Apple is making some changes to AppleCare+... specifically they are raising the "incident" cost from $49 to $79. This means that you’ll still pay $99 for 2 years of coverage, and the coverage/exclusions will be the same (essentially it will cover everything except loss or theft), but you will have to fork over $79 per incident to get a replacement phone. You are still limited to 2 incidents within the 2 year period.
    It is totally true and i bought it 2 years ago with my 4S and as 'D said it still beats paying full price for another and YES I will be buying it with my new 5S. Not willing to take any chances as careful as I am.

Thank you for the posting Don!
    09-12-2013 08:56 PM
    It is totally true and i bought it 2 years ago with my 4S and as 'D said it still beats paying full price for another and YES I will be buying it with my new 5S. Not willing to take any chances as careful as I am.

Thank you for the posting Don!

I also read in one of the blogs today that along with the increase in the "incident" price, Apple also upped the out-of-warranty swap out fee to $269. That’s $40 more than current price. The word is that by upping that price, Apple will nudge more customers into an AppleCare+ purchase.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-12-2013 09:05 PM
    I also read in one of the blogs today that along with the increase in the "incident" price, Apple also upped the out-of-warranty swap out fee to $269. That’s $40 more than current price. The word is that by upping that price, Apple will nudge more customers into an AppleCare+ purchase.
    Once again I did hear this and agree with that statement and I still stand behind my statement that while i am very careful and NOT accident prone, I have it now and will get it with the new phone as well for my own piece of mind.
    09-12-2013 09:46 PM
    I also read in one of the blogs today that along with the increase in the "incident" price, Apple also upped the out-of-warranty swap out fee to $269. Thats $40 more than current price. The word is that by upping that price, Apple will nudge more customers into an AppleCare+ purchase.
    Holy crap. Still better than buying new but I'd love to see the profit on these repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-12-2013 11:26 PM
    If this is true, I hope people start looking outside of the AppleCare program...SquareTrade is what me and my wife carry, and she recently had to use it and it worked flawlessly, for a lot less money.
    John Yester and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-13-2013 08:16 AM
    The the question is, will others stay competitive over the next few month, or may they rise the per incident cost as well?

​Also are current Apple care people still $49?
    09-13-2013 08:30 AM
    Hmmmmm

​Seems Apple removed AppleCare for the iPod shuffle and nano from its website as well......
    09-13-2013 08:34 AM
    Thank you for the information, sir. I've changed the incident fee from $49 to $79 in the AppleCare Protection Plan Guide.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-13-2013 08:35 AM
    Thank you for the information, sir. I've changed the incident fee from $49 to $79 in the AppleCare Protection Plan Guide.
    Thank you as I was going to ask you if you would. 'D on the spot ...like johnny but 'D... get it...LOL could not resist. Sorry!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-14-2013 03:47 PM
    Man, that almost makes the coverage not worth it. At least it does for me.
    09-16-2013 03:10 PM
    I believe I will never need Apple Care + since I am over-protective and never dropped a phone (but one in my life). Still I got Apple Care + for the phone service support lol! And to make sure when I have any issue they have to excuse not to fix my device.
    09-23-2013 12:31 PM