AppleCare+ changes...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’m reading around the internet blogs that Apple is making some changes to AppleCare+... specifically they are raising the "incident" cost from $49 to $79. This means that you’ll still pay $99 for 2 years of coverage, and the coverage/exclusions will be the same (essentially it will cover everything except loss or theft), but you will have to fork over $79 per incident to get a replacement phone. You are still limited to 2 incidents within the 2 year period.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whoa! I suppose it's still better than paying full price for another one, huh?...:) Thanks for the tip, sir.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Whoa! I suppose it's still better than paying full price for another one, huh?...:) Thanks for the tip, sir.

Here's the info from the Apple website... it’s true, according to the website:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 4.36.24 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 4.36.24 PM.PNG
    337.9 KB · Views: 51

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I wonder if I could get Apple to Grandfather the AC+ plan that I got with my iPhone 5 last year. That way I could keep my $50 deductible for one more year, lol. :rotfl:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, I wonder if I could get Apple to Grandfather the AC+ plan that I got with my iPhone 5 last year. That way I could keep my $50 deductible for one more year, lol. :rotfl:

Good question. When we bought the plan, it was $49 replacement... need a lah-yer to sort it out, but I would sure argue my case, if I needed to... I can be quite persuasive loud annoying.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I’m reading around the internet blogs that Apple is making some changes to AppleCare+... specifically they are raising the "incident" cost from $49 to $79. This means that you’ll still pay $99 for 2 years of coverage, and the coverage/exclusions will be the same (essentially it will cover everything except loss or theft), but you will have to fork over $79 per incident to get a replacement phone. You are still limited to 2 incidents within the 2 year period.

Here's the info from the Apple website... it’s true, according to the website:
It is totally true and i bought it 2 years ago with my 4S and as 'D said it still beats paying full price for another and YES I will be buying it with my new 5S. Not willing to take any chances as careful as I am.

Thank you for the posting Don!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is totally true and i bought it 2 years ago with my 4S and as 'D said it still beats paying full price for another and YES I will be buying it with my new 5S. Not willing to take any chances as careful as I am.

Thank you for the posting Don!

I also read in one of the blogs today that along with the increase in the "incident" price, Apple also upped the out-of-warranty swap out fee to $269. That’s $40 more than current price. The word is that by upping that price, Apple will nudge more customers into an AppleCare+ purchase.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also read in one of the blogs today that along with the increase in the "incident" price, Apple also upped the out-of-warranty swap out fee to $269. That’s $40 more than current price. The word is that by upping that price, Apple will nudge more customers into an AppleCare+ purchase.
Once again I did hear this and agree with that statement and I still stand behind my statement that while i am very careful and NOT accident prone, I have it now and will get it with the new phone as well for my own piece of mind.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I also read in one of the blogs today that along with the increase in the "incident" price, Apple also upped the out-of-warranty swap out fee to $269. That?s $40 more than current price. The word is that by upping that price, Apple will nudge more customers into an AppleCare+ purchase.

Holy crap. Still better than buying new but I'd love to see the profit on these repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If this is true, I hope people start looking outside of the AppleCare program...SquareTrade is what me and my wife carry, and she recently had to use it and it worked flawlessly, for a lot less money.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
The the question is, will others stay competitive over the next few month, or may they rise the per incident cost as well?

​Also are current Apple care people still $49?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe I will never need Apple Care + since I am over-protective and never dropped a phone (but one in my life). Still I got Apple Care + for the phone service support lol! And to make sure when I have any issue they have to excuse not to fix my device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen