Do Analysts Think Before Writing?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
CNN's latest article on Apple's event is ridiculous. They talk about comparing Android to Apple products. They mentioned an Android phone that could take photos underwater? For what, the 0.0007% of smartphone users that would even consider this. It's almost as gimmicky as FaceUnlock and being able to wake your phone with your voice. When we people understand that at some point, you will infact have to actually open your eyes and looks at your phone's screen. Not everything can be done through voice and wrist flicks. And if everything could be done in that manner, you most likely aren't using a smartphone.

Another item, is Apple needs a "wow factor"! Every day I use my 4s I am WOWED on its consistency! I know I will get a full day of battery, and I know I will not have to do restarts (battery pulls like other folks) or any other interaction to make my phone usable.

IMO, Apple produces products that work for the average user of any age and no gimmicks! I am a tech guy on a daily basis, and I can tell you I am sick of trying to help people use their Androids. I hand them my 4s, and they instantly grasp the point of what Apple has created.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
iPhone is doomed (he-he, not like that) it is doomed to be compared against as it has become a constant against which every phone is now and continue to be measured. It is the speed of light in Einstein's theory. It is natural. The only problem I have is: if iPhone doesn't have a feature or a gimmick it's said to be behind or something - BUT (that's a big but, no pun) everyone haters and fans are waiting for Apple to implement said features or gimmicks to see how it will work on iPhones (or iDevices). Those that ridicule Apples products see a lack of a gimmick as an inability by Apple when in fact it was a well thought out decision, such as: Flash Support (dead), NFC (not a standard yet), large and extra large screen sizes (battery hogs - better normal screen than dead screen), and etc. On the other hand the iPhone you're holding right now have little technologies already implemented that you'll see iOS and third-party take advantage of in the near future like Bluetooth 4.0 for example (you've seen "tile" ads, right? It works with older iPhones but not older android phones).

iPhones and other OS phones are way to different in design approach, usability, exposure, and implementation. Because they're so different the only way to compare is thru specs - which is like saying that bikes are faster and cars have 4 wheels, but because bikes only have half the amount of wheels cars are ahead in evolution and bikes are old technology.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The car compared to bike is a great analogy. What gets me the most about that particular article, is that is seems the journalist had NOTHING else to grab onto except an phone that can take pictures underwater? And that is what they chose to base their comparison and degrading remarks on? I couldn't even read the rest of the article based on the second paragraph. Why is there no article about Apple holding their own with only 5 phone models still in circulation and yet their market share is ridiculous with those 5 models. For bleep's sack, Samsung produces 5 Galaxy devices a week, or so it seems! At least when Rene writes an article, he is fair and judgmental to all parties involved.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Guess I will have to develop a plugin for FireFox to remove any article relating to that journalist from being displayed. And I will add future offenders to this plugin.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
CNN's latest article on Apple's event is ridiculous. They talk about comparing Android to Apple products. They mentioned an Android phone that could take photos underwater? For what, the 0.0007% of smartphone users that would even consider this. It's almost as gimmicky as FaceUnlock and being able to wake your phone with your voice. When we people understand that at some point, you will infact have to actually open your eyes and looks at your phone's screen. Not everything can be done through voice and wrist flicks. And if everything could be done in that manner, you most likely aren't using a smartphone.

Another item, is Apple needs a "wow factor"! Every day I use my 4s I am WOWED on its consistency! I know I will get a full day of battery, and I know I will not have to do restarts (battery pulls like other folks) or any other interaction to make my phone usable.

IMO, Apple produces products that work for the average user of any age and no gimmicks! I am a tech guy on a daily basis, and I can tell you I am sick of trying to help people use their Androids. I hand them my 4s, and they instantly grasp the point of what Apple has created.

About 2 months ago I removed CNN from my life. They aren't journalists anymore. The only way CNN will get the message that pieces like that are not OK is for you to stop viewing their content. They are sensationalists.

Forget about CNN. Enjoy your iPhone.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't even tell you why I look at CNN. Their same tech articles appear for weeks at a time and they are completely biased with a lot of their publishings. They provide no news/content to me what-so-ever.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Like I said, forget about CNN. Delete your bookmarks. Unfollow them on twitter. They haven't reported the news in a long time. There are plenty of other media outlets to try and see which one you like the best.

I am far happier and I think you will be as well.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Click bait to generate page hits for advertising revenue. Nothing more.

I try to recognize click bait articles before I click on them. I don't want them to earn a single penny from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2