Apple's 5TH AVE NY Store already has campers...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In line for the new iPhone... un-bleeping-believable.... per reports being tweeted.

Wow!...#smh...I suppose they are the people who want to be on the news and be able to speak about the experience of waiting in line to get the latest i-device, huh? Well, they can have it. ;)

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Very...odd. I'm trying to come up with reasons to justify how or why I could ever do something like that. Especially for a product that hasn't even been announced yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
This is where negative stereotypes come from.

I have to ask the obvious, though: don't these people have JOBS they need to go to instead of sitting in line for two weeks? How are they able to afford their iPhones with no source of income?

Color me confused.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

I have to ask the obvious, though: don't these people have JOBS they need to go to instead of sitting in line for two weeks? How are they able to afford their iPhones with no source of income?

Color me confused.

Lol They probably requested vacation from their job for two weeks lol I wouldn't be surprised haha I can't believe they are already camping out lol Rain or shine lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Color me confused.

These are the ones who quit looking for work so that the reported unemployment numbers could improve. #notjoking

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPhone just as much as the next person but there's no way I'm standing in line for more than 30 minutes for a phone! I usually don't wait more than 30 for food :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Some people just like to be a part of the party...and if it makes them happy I can't hate on them, there are worse things they could be doing (crack, espionage, politician).

I'll sit my happy a$$ at home on release day and let the UPS man do all the work...I actually can't believe I ever did it any other way, but that changed with the 3GS, lol. Now I just watch Sports Center until the doorbell rings!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I can't really see the draw in waiting in line for days. I pre-order and get it shipped to me on release day. So what if I don't have it at 8:00am? But if the people waiting get some sort of enjoyment out of it, then who am I to judge? It's not harming me at all, so more power to them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I will admit this, when the 3G came out, me and my wife got up at 2am, and went and got in line (we were like #8 in line), and towards dawn, they brought us free Chik-fil-a breakfast, free tea or coffee, and it started raining heavily right before the store opened up, so they started ushering people in and zig zagging them into the mall. When we walked out, I remember seeing a line that went towards the entry door and thinking "Wow, that is a lot of people!" and then walking outside and realizing that it wrapped around the entire mall building and down P'tree street...in a storm, in the middle of summer...and they didn't have anywhere near enough stock to cover all of the people, lol.

It wasn't a terrible experience, but I'd never willingly do it again.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Some people just like to be a part of the party...and if it makes them happy I can't hate on them, there are worse things they could be doing (crack, espionage, politician).

I'll sit my happy a$$ at home on release day and let the UPS man do all the work...I actually can't believe I ever did it any other way, but that changed with the 3GS, lol. Now I just watch Sports Center until the doorbell rings!

Copy that. I did the stand-in-line-it's-a-party thing once. It was a fantastic experience. But at this point, I can say "been there, done that"... and like Sean, I’m home waiting for the UPS man (or FedEx man) to deliver my phone, thank you very much.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Last year I pre ordered .. This year I'll just get up in the morning and go to Verizon .. If I get one great of not ill just call around and find one

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
^^^That video has to be fake right? I mean she has to be acting...

Anyways..I've never stood in line for an iPhone or any phone for that matter. Maybe I'll do it one day if I move to NY(seems like the funnest place to do it). Till then I'll just risk getting "scammed" on the internet lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Last year I pre ordered .. This year I'll just get up in the morning and go to Verizon .. If I get one great of not ill just call around and find one

Depending on what storage size you're looking for I don't think you'll have a problem picking one up on launch day. I got my 4S later during the day from AT&T because I had to work. They still had 2 of the 64GB left so I took that size.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen