Anybody Else Agree that Apple Has to Crack Down the Manufacturing Employees?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
This is just ridiculous. I want the release to be a surprise. But no. The employees have to be searched upon exit and their phones must be confiscated upon entry. But no, since we are in America even in other countries, that do not have the same labor laws as us, we must use our own.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is just ridiculous. I want the release to be a surprise. But no. The employees have to be searched upon exit and their phones must be confiscated upon entry. But no, since we are in America even in other countries, that do not have the same labor laws as us, we must use our own.

I don't see a problem with it. We are subject to certain rules & policies when we work for someone else. Furthermore, policies like you've described are usually limited to companies like big time companies like Apple or high security type private and governmental entities where people often sign contracts to comply with certain rules & policies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't really get what you're saying OP? Are you saying they should be searched and their electronic gear confiscated? This is what I'm assuming since you want to be surprised when the devices are released. I'm with you on wanting to be surprised at release and if there weren't any leaks I can imagine how much more I would be surprised. Although the leaks seem to come from emplyees in the manufacturing chain realize that it's in Apple's interest for the leaks to happen. It builds buzz, excitement, keeps the devices in consumer's minds. It's all speculation until the devices are actually revealed and although most of the leaks now closer to the date happen to be the real product there is still a small percentage of uncertainty because the leak isn't coming from Apple itself. So although the leak might appear to come from one place it may very well be leaked on purpose. Whatever the case may be with a long supply chain it's going to be hard to stop the leaks 100% it's just the reality of it all.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Of course, little leaks like maybe a blurry pic of part of it, or something like the software showing a fingerprint scanner.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I like the little leaks, it builds on the anticipation and builds interest. I go looking for it

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The leaks are really a part of marketing...Apple doesn't need to crack down on anything because the meat of their iPhone's remains untold until their keynotes, and this is the same scenario EVERY year. Do you get an idea of what is coming? Sure...and that just helps Apple get their consumer base prepared and hyped up. People scurry all over the internet, searching for the latest leaked picture or spec list or whatever they find, and this just adds to the tidal wave of attention that is put on Apple every year before a big release.

So no, I do not agree...as it's such a trivial thing. If you don't want to see the leaked photos and information, don't go read the blogs and articles that contain such. This would be like telling movie studios that they need to crack down on movie trailers...it aint going to happen, and if you don't want to feel like it's being spoiled, don't watch the trailers.

It's really just simple self control...I personally realize that what IS leaked is usually about a speck of what is actually to come, so I don't mind reading into all of it, and laughing at most of it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but its never just a little but, so far its ALWAYS been full pictures, and parts.

People are payed to put this information out...and because this is their livelihood, they arnt going to nickel and dime when it comes to attention to their own particular blog/website/whatever...they're going to put out EVERYTHING (full pics, write ups, spec sheets, parts numbers), whatever will get attention and drive more traffic to their particular corner of the web. And why would they do anything BUT this? It's like this all over the consumer product world...cars have "spy shots" YEARS before production begins, and this is only a matter of weeks (or at most, months) before it hits the shelf.

I guess I'm not sure what you're complaining about...you don't have to read this stuff, you don't have to look at leaked information or pictures, but you choose to, and only you can be held accountable for such. I'll use the movie analogy again...if I don't want ANYTHING spoiled for an upcoming film, I'll avoid watching trailers, reading reviews or looking at set shots...why? Because then I can have a full experience upon my own viewing. The iPhone is as simple as that. You can still visit these websites and blogs without looking at the leaked information...hell, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the leaked stuff this year just because I find half of it hogwash, and until recently, when I actually peaked at a gallery of the "5C" (as they are rumored to call it now), I had no idea what these silly colors were even about (thinking they were just Apple cases for the new phone).

Stop looking at leaked information and you won't feel spoiled.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Naw, while surprises are nice the chains are just too big to tightly control. Too many companies, too many hands, too many agendas. Really cracking down would be a diversion from their main mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The leaks are good for business. They create excitement about upcoming products... sorry, IMHO, the OP is off base with this one...

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
The leaks are good for business. They create excitement about upcoming products... sorry, IMHO, the OP is off base with this one...

I agree. When the iPhone 5 rumors and back shells where coming out, I got really excited and it only made me want to get the phone more. Then when it was officially announced I was even more happy to know most of the rumored pictures where actually true. Jumped on that band wagon and preordered it that next week it was out for pre order.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
+9000 to all the responses. Going to have to agree with Sean if you're not happy about the leaks, don't look.

I'll illustrate a personal example, back in the day before the 5th season of 24 aired I frequented Fox 24 forums and I can across spoilers for the season premiere and if you haven't seen it these we're pretty big spoilers and I was definitely disappointed with reading it but it was nobody's fault but my own for looking.

So if you feel that you aren't surprised enough when the 5S is announced, you have complete control over your level of shock.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73