Apple's rumored iPhone trade-in program launching as soon as next month: iMore Blog

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
[h=1]Apple's rumored iPhone trade-in program launching as soon as next month[/h]I just finished reading this article both on iMore and where it was sourced from and I have to say for one person who does buy his Apple products from an Apple Retail Store I like it. Unless there is some weird gimmick which I doubt I will be going to my local store within a month of the new phone being out and I will be walking out with the new iPhone all set up and ready to go.
I simply just like dealing with an Apple store as my choice and now reading this it will for sure be the same. Where will you buy your new Phone when it comes out?

Apple's rumored iPhone trade-in program launching as soon as next month | iMore

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is a great thread and I have been wondering does the Apple Store sell Carrier iPhones as well?

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Like anyone else I would certainly like to make a few extra extra bucks in trade in but if I can walk in to Apple and walk out without paying anything out of pocket as an even exchange plus I am sure you are going to be charged tax, I could personally live with that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Like anyone else I would certainly like to make a few extra extra bucks in trade in but if I can walk in to Apple and walk out without paying anything out of pocket as an even exchange plus I am sure you are going to be charged tax, I could personally live with that.
But what about if someone isn't eligible for an upgrade on their carrier? Or doesn't want to be in a
contract at all? Will they do it for people and discount it from the full retail price?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There's no way they'll be able to even come close to sale value...just no way. I'll take the little bit of extra effort and sell mine.
That turning out to be true if so I would do the same thing. I am going by thinking like going into Best Buy and getting a gift card for $200.00 for an old iPad or iPhone and then turn around and use it. That theory would get my 16GB. If not Sean Like you I would take the time and sell it on my own.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm leaning towards keeping my iPhone 5 and putting it in my cellphone junk draw seeing as i don't have any Apple stuff in there but my luck my girlfriend will swipe it when I'm not looking and then all i'll have is a four in there

Hmmmm!!! Decisions

Sent from my iPhone 5

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
There's no way they'll be able to even come close to sale value...just no way. I'll take the little bit of extra effort and sell mine.

Yeah, I think most of the people who frequent sites like this will agree with you. We understand the true value of these devices and what they can go for with a little time and patience. That, of course, is what a lot of people lack. AT&T, Sprint, Gazelle, ecoATM all offer instant gratification and cash/credit/money off for trading devices in. It is a lucrative business considering how relatively little they give for phones and how many people take advantage of it. Getting anywhere from $100-$200 off of a purchase RIGHT NOW is a powerful incentive.

Balooz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if it's anything like sprint trade in, lucky to get 1/6 the value of the phone. I5 64 gig = 50 bucks. Won't be worth it at all.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah if it's anything like sprint trade in, lucky to get 1/6 the value of the phone. I5 64 gig = 50 bucks. Won't be worth it at all.

Very true that's why I kept all my old sprint phones they try to rape you when I bought my i5 the asked me if I had a tablet and I said yes and they wanted to give me $15 dollars for it toward an iPad I told the guy you need to change the subject guy pissed me off

Sent from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711