why do people constantly predict apples doom?

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook Is Nothing Like Intense Steve Jobs, And That Might Not Be A Good Thing

Microsoft has went from majority to blackberry levels on the smartphone market and folks still talk about its comeback. LOL

but as I've followed apple news, people have been predicting its doom since forever. the original iphone was supposed to flop, the ipad was supposed to flop, each year apple didn't do enough and will fail, and apple blows records.

now its Tim Cook Ain't Steve Jobs, apple is doomed. LOL. yet again.

I can't help but think some people WANT apple to die, and are just hoping and praying that this time they're right.

I don't like any company to die. we need competition so that each company tries to one up the others. And I certainly want apple to thrive being its my prefered platform.

so why does it seem some people have it out for apple? Am I missing something?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Keith and Pr!nce... it’s all about envy... lots of "Apple-wannabees" out there, and a lot more are jealous of Apple's continued success... they want them to fail so badly because they can’t compete in the open market.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I would guess that it's simply more exciting than writing "another excellent quarter for Apple." It also gets more traffic than an article praising the number of products sold.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it just comes down to marketing...Apple out markets. Out quarterly sells it products and earns more profit, Continually ships more and more product and with the exception of the fact that Apple has one phone and not 40 other like other OS platforms like their competitors.... Everyone wants to buy Apples products because it works for the their needs and the simplicity of what Apple has marketed.
The OP mentioned a difference between Steve jobs and Tim Cook and while the Board of Directors is pushing Apple to come up with more product faster, It looks to me Tim Cook is giving his bosses what they want... Product and profit and a loyal base of people that will do anything to protect and fight for a product that works for their needs.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it just comes down to marketing...Apple out markets. Out quarterly sells it products and earns more profit, Continually ships more and more product and with the exception of the fact that Apple has one phone and not 40 other like other OS platforms like their competitors.... Everyone wants to buy Apples products because it works for the their needs and the simplicity of what Apple has marketed.
The OP mentioned a difference between Steve jobs and Tim Cook and while the Board of Directors is pushing Apple to come up with more product faster, It looks to me Tim Cook is giving his bosses what they want... Product and profit and a loyal base of people that will do anything to protect and fight for a product that works for their needs.

Could not put that any better that.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
From what I've read on Tim Cook, I think Steve Jobs made a good decision before his passing. He seems to get the job done well. Not many people can keep something like this going strong after a "legend" dies. To me, others just seem to be jealous. Yeah sure they can sell just as well and quite possibly be praised like Apple is, but they will never have the oomph that that company retains. And when you can't, that's where the bitterness arises.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Tim Cook Is Nothing Like Intense Steve Jobs, And That Might Not Be A Good Thing

now its Tim Cook Ain't Steve Jobs, apple is doomed. LOL. yet again.

In every field; sports, entertainment, banking, investing, etc... there are once in a lifetime superstars that are superior to anyone that has come before, or will come after, them. Steve Jobs was uniquely gifted and to compare anyone to him is not only unfair but wrong. I admit I don't know much about the business end of Apple and all I care about is that my iPhone, iPad, and AppleTv continue to be of service. But here is what I think, just because Tim Cook can never be Steve Jobs it doesn't mean he is not doing a capable job or Apple cannot flourish under his leadership.

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
The only reason people are saying that is because apple hadn't come up with anything new even the iPhone 5 it's pretty much the same as the 4 and 4s but with an extra row. But now that apple is coming with iOS 7 and the either the iPhone 5c or 5s that might change with people's opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
to me it seems like now a days all phone companies and stuff are trying to compete with one another which i think its ridiculous cause most phones have their similarities and differences but i think its all depend on the consumer and what they like... yeah i sometimes feel that iphone is falling behind a little bit but i still would rather pick iphone compare to any other phone out there and in the future they will come out with something different it just takes time

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2