How will Google's attempt to devalue hardware hurt Apple?

I think as i read through this article is really comes down to more than price point while it certainly plays a big role in a tablet that is of somewhat equal size.
    Where the Nexus tablet touts better screen resolution, There are so many branded tablets but this is about Nexus and Google and, Look for Apple to make any move they need ot keep in the game and even if they stay the same, The public is going to buy what to buy and much has to do with what Apple plans to do when iOS 7 comes out and what they will do with future tablets? Read this very interesting article....

How will Google's attempt to devalue hardware hurt Apple? | iMore.com
    07-31-2013 06:02 PM
    I don't think it will hurt Apple, but we'll know soon enough.
    08-01-2013 08:05 AM
    First, I want to state that I realize that Google subsidizes their products with ad-revenue.
    I am also the happy owner of several Android devices and use several Google services daily.

Google's big trick when it comes to hardware seems to be to offer "most" of the functionality for less.

Chromecast for example, is a great concept and could be something big. IF it is adopted by the masses.
    (Remember, buy something for what it's capable of now, not what it MIGHT be capable of down the road. This goes doubly for first generation Google services and devices)
    But even at that point, it still won't be an equivalent product to the standalone Apple TV.
    It will offer some of the functionality, at a fraction of the price.
    If they increase functionality, they will have to increase price.

Google tends to have a good grasp on what MOST users want.
    So does Apple.

The difference between the two is that Apple tends not to compromise on deliverables, where as Google seems more willing to let some things slide.
    Apple could cut the cost of the iPad mini by using cheaper materials or reducing services offered. But they refuse to make this compromise.
    Is this the right way to go about it? I'm not sure.
    Google is going to do really well with this new Nexus I think, but Apple is also doing very well with their competing products.

I don't think Googe's attempt to devalue hardware will hurt Apple.
    I think it will hurt the consumer if Apple is forced to compete in the budget sector.
    Cameron Brinkman likes this.
    08-01-2013 10:35 AM
    Won't hurt Apple. It will hurt Google when they look around in a few years and wonder why there are no devices to run all their services.
    08-01-2013 10:36 AM
    It's not going to hurt Apple at all...Microsoft has been devaluing personal computers for decades...yet Apple can still pull a premium for a machine that, at least from a performance perspective, is not just jaw dropping amazing.
    08-01-2013 11:56 AM
    1. Microsoft Surface tablets sold merely 1.7 million units in 8 months since launch.

2. Apple sold 3 million new iPads in less the four days.

Now we are just talking tablets... But still.....

Don't think there is anything to worry about...................
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-01-2013 12:17 PM