Verizon's iPhone Commitment
I read this article on Motley Fool regarding Verizon's likely shortfall in iPhone sales.
Will Apple Really Force Verizon to Cough up $14 Billion? - AAPL, CHL, DCM, VZ - Foolish Blogging Network
It will be interesting to see how Apple handles this situation. Personally, I think Verizon needs to take responsibility for this since it is well known that Verizon's sales force actively promotes non-Apple handsets.
- 07-17-2013, 05:30 PM #2
- 07-20-2013, 05:59 AM #4
Re: Verizon's iPhone Commitment
Looks like Verizon's gambit paid off.
"Apple's iPhone accounted for 51% of all smartphone activations at Verizon in Q2
Verizon activated a total of 7.5 million smartphones in the quarter, with about 27 percent of those new to the carrier. During a conference call with investors and members of the media, Verizon Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo revealed that 3.8 million of those smartphones were Apple's iPhone.
In comparison, Verizon activated just 2.7 million iPhones in the same quarter a year ago. That means iPhone activations grew 41 percent year over year at Verizon."
- 07-20-2013, 09:43 AM #5
- 07-26-2013, 02:36 PM #7
- By boovish in forum iPhone 2G ForumReplies: 30Last Post: 11-07-2013, 05:50 AM
- By jrsharp70 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 12Last Post: 07-29-2013, 08:58 AM
- By miketko in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-21-2013, 11:55 PM
- By TomK1965 in forum T-MobileReplies: 3Last Post: 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
- By xArtx in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-16-2013, 09:27 PM