Does anyone else use BOTH iOS and android?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So right now I have a IPAD 4, IPAD mini, and a nexus 4.

That means I'm in two completely separate ecosystems. I like the ipad a lot as a tablet. I think it's better as a tablet than the android tablets are.

However, I think for what I want in a phone, I'm liking android maybe a bit more than ios right now.

But here's the thing, this is kind of a headache. Not only do. Have to rebut apps on both, but I don't have that seamless ness that I would have if I had all iOS devices (ipad, ipad, etc.) same would be true if or android. You do get benefits from sticking to one ecosyestem. (Like synching web browsing.)

Do you guys only use iOS for your phone and tablet? Or do you guys mix and match.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So right now I have a IPAD 4, IPAD mini, and a nexus 4.

That means I'm in two completely separate ecosystems. I like the ipad a lot as a tablet. I think it's better as a tablet than the android tablets are.

However, I think for what I want in a phone, I'm liking android maybe a bit more than ios right now.

But here's the thing, this is kind of a headache. Not only do. Have to rebut apps on both, but I don't have that seamless ness that I would have if I had all iOS devices (ipad, ipad, etc.) same would be true if or android. You do get benefits from sticking to one ecosyestem. (Like synching web browsing.)

Do you guys only use iOS for your phone and tablet? Or do you guys mix and match.

I use a BlackBerry Z10, an iPhone 4S and I used an SGIII until I sent it to my niece. I'm now down to the Z10 and the iPhone 4S until I get the iPhone 5s when it comes out. I also have an iPad.

I actually like the variety. Most of my apps are free so it's not a big deal. The apps I buy are not that expensive so it doesn't bother me to have to buy again.

Like I said, I really like the variety and the different approaches to doing things between the three platforms.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My daily drivers are a BlackBerry Z10, iPad 3, and Nexus 7, with a little iPod touch 5 thrown in from time to time. There are pros and cons to each device and OS, but I do enjoy using them all. I tend to use cross platform services (ie. Dropbox, Evernote, Kindle) that sync via the cloud on all of my devices, and a good number of them are free. I try to be smart about buying games by figuring out which devices is better suited and that I'll most likely be playing on and buy it for that particular OS. Same with apps. If I do have to re-buy, no big deal...they're typically only a buck or two, well worth it for something you use daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a point in using multiple ecosystems. Everything I have is Apple and all my devices work together. I can't imagine having to spend money to invest in 2 ecosystems that don't work together.

Everything I use is Apple. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, iPod, AppleTV.

The only things I have that aren't Apple are my Samsung TV's and my Kindle. Samsung makes the best TVs, but if Apple made them, I'd gladly switch. And Apple doesn't make e-readers, so my Kindle is a must have.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am pretty much all Apple, but I do have a Nexus 7 I use from time to time. I also have a Blackberry Playbook, but I only use that for a desk clock at work.

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Right now I have to switch between iOS and BlackBerry OS7 :( quite annoying.

If the iCloud support for BB10 was better I might only use one device but so far I haven't heard anything 100% positive on that topic. Sadly the reception on my iPhone 4 is very limited, especially in closed buildings.

atvedge

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Prior to last week, I used an iPad, Lumia 928, and a Windows 8 laptop. I also have a MacMini and a Dell desktop. The Mac Mini runs OSX and Win 8, the Dell desktop is Win8 only with VM running Linux from time to time. For the longest time, I refused to commit to anything. The past few years, however, I decided to invest in the Windows ecosystem (minus the iPad, because when I bought it, there were no alternatives I would have considered worthwhile).

I've been somewhat of an evangelist for Win8 and WP8, and for the most part, I love both (Probably didn't hurt that for work I was doing some programming in Windows). However, for some aspects of both, I absolutely LOATHE them! It really gets frustrating at times. I recently moved to an iPhone out of necessity (There's a thread in in the iPhone 5 forum), and I'm strongly considering moving to the Apple ecosystem. It's just a much cleaner world than the alternatives, and as I get older, I'm finding that I don't care for customizing everything and just want to turn on and go! I don't think Android/Chromebooks give you enough flexibility (Chromebooks aren't quite up to snuff with Windows and Apple), and Win8 is not getting the things I feel are important nailed down quick enough.

I love gadgets and tech, which is a curse and a blessing. I always know what I'm getting into, but I'm always getting into something new - something that I'm trying to get away from. My friends love it, because I can give them great recommendations....lol.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm just trying to think how I can more easily sync android and ios. When I buy my new phone, I. Going to have to buy a unlocked phone, so I'm debating buying the HTC One google play edition or a unlocked 32gb iPhone.

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm just trying to think how I can more easily sync android and ios. When I buy my new phone, I. Going to have to buy a unlocked phone, so I'm debating buying the HTC One google play edition or a unlocked 32gb iPhone.

I actually only know Google as some sort of solution to this problem. I'm not quite sure if or if not the iCloud CaldDAV/CardDAV "Workaround" from BlackBerry can work on Android.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Just to chime in: I don't see the benefits of running vanilla android
on the HTC One if it isn't going to have HTC features. At least if
you're spending that money on a phone, the 32gig iPhone you
mentioned wouldn't be lacking things it was intended to do.

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just to chime in: I don't see the benefits of running vanilla android
on the HTC One if it isn't going to have HTC features. At least if
you're spending that money on a phone, the 32gig iPhone you
mentioned wouldn't be lacking things it was intended to do.

That's true! I've read that the vanilla version dosen't support those fancy speakers.

atvedge

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
That's true! I've read that the vanilla version dosen't support those fancy speakers.

I think it supports the speakers. I read/watched a review where they mention Beats Audio is still there. It's just missing some of the camera software functions and things like BlinkFeed. I prefer vanilla android, but that's because the user experience is so drastically different on each device with the OEM skins.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I kind of hate that I have sort of a hive mind way of thinking (that everything needs to be same ecosystem.)

I like android phones, but I have noticed lately some apps crashing or freezing. But I don't know if that's due to the hardware I'm using or if that's just android.
I just thought it might be more expensive to do android for phone and ios for my tablets.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

My relevant devices are iPad, iMac, work Windows laptop, HTC One. I use iCloud to keep everything except the One in sync, then the One syncs with Outlook.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
As far as phones go, Im using a BlackBerry Z10 right now. But I do have Apple devices, a macbook, ipod and ipad. I had an iphone5 for a while before I sold it. I dont mind the ecosystem sharing, largely because I use a particular device for the OS

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I go back and forth between a 4S and a HTC One with a Windows PC for my desktop. It doesn't turn in to to much of a headache for me. Contacts sync with Google, photos sync with Dropbox, notes sync with Evernote - the trick is to work with services that give a good cross platform option.

The better question is: what are you trying to accomplish and how do you do it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods