Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 3 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By Jaguarr40
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default iOS 7 : Everything is new with good and bad

When apple first showed the video , the first look of the lock screen looked like windows and android combined, just a little better.. Then into the home screen, the first look made me go "yuck".. The safari icon looks the worst .. None of the icons go along(if u look at individual icons they are brilliant but not together).. But as they showed the 3D effect(which I always wanted), wow just amazing !!!!

iOS 7 is a nifty upgrade... Some elements are good, some don't feel like they are made by apple ill be pointing out my view and you all can throw in your..

The good..
    If anyone had noticed , apple has allowed moving wallpapers in iOS 7 , when they have us the demo video , the circles behind were moving .. So that's a good upgrade
    The translucent effect is just amazing! It feels great, it looks great,control Center , notification Center looks awesome ...
    The 3D effect on the home screen is damn good..
    Maps also got a good upgrade
    The new Siri is also good .. The old and the new look are good in their own ways.
    iTunes radio is good
    The weather app is the best out of all ..when the showed the lightning .. It was definately an "oooh" moment..
    Animations of the safari tabs is awesome ...
    Air drop is good (I've never used a Mac so I don't know about it.
    Siri's new male voice is very good

The bad ..
    They took away their slide to unlock bar! Now it's like android and windows , slide anywhere ...
    The took away the mirror effect on the home screen!!
    They took away COVER FLOW!!!!! That's the worst thing they could do!!!
    The icons on the home screen don't go together
    Message app has a little space when we chat.
    The photos app is a little confusing .. There are buttons everywhere ..

The iOS 7 according to me , has been made on a white iPhone , they forgot that they had a black one also.. This look will only suit the white iPhone.. There is so much white colour in it , it looks bad on the black iPhone ..

Over all the iOS has a good look .. The translucent and and 3D effect have upgraded the way we use our phone ..
    What are your views?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: iOS 7 : Everything is new with good and bad

My views are there are like 50 threads already covering exactly what you just pointed out, did we really need another thread from someone brought out of the woodwork by the iOS 7 release? And no offense, but it seems like you watched the keynote and made this ultimate decision on everything you saw...get your hands on it before you come to these final conclusions...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    GibMcFragger (06-13-2013)
    Fausty82 and GibMcFragger like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Their is good and bad to ios7 changes.. iOS still manage to keep it similar to the previous so but added more and changed around some stuff.. Some changes just stand out and us iOS users are not use to it but it a changed that apple needed
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I'm still confused what constituted the "need" when it came to changing iOS...people say that a lot, and it still sounds funny to me, for the front running smart phone on the market, that something NEEDED to be changed. Blackberry? Absolutely...they needed a change. Apple didn't NEED to do anything, they were still front runners, they changed for the betterment of the device, but not out of necessity.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,035 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

I am not going to make a comment as to whether the OP and his comments are good, Bad or even needed but rather I would like to make a short statement. This is an OS for Developers to evaluate for themselves and how to improve upon their apps they have now or what their next apps are going to be. Except for a few items that we know will stay this OS is still in early development stages and nobody knows what is going to make the final cut until the it is released as just that - A Public Release. I see way too many people jumping the gun thinking OH well this is it and it is far from it.

In all fairness we should give it more time and combine all of these duplicate threads into one Sticky of a Mod or Mod Team Leader would care to do that and then we would not have to worry about So many dupes all of the forums.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 06-18-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

Thanked by:
    GibMcFragger (06-17-2013)
    Karenkcoulter likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I am not going to make a comment as to whether the OP and his comments are good, Bad or even needed but rather I would like to make a short statement. This is an OS for Developers to evaluate for themselves and how to improve upon their apps they have now or what their next apps are going to be. Except for a few items that we know will stay this OS is still in early development stages and nobody knows what is going to make the final cut until the it is released as just that - A Public Release. I see way too many people jumping the gun thinking OH well this is it and it is far from it.

In all fairness we should give it more time and combine all of these duplicate threads into one Sticky of a Mod or Mod Team Leader would care to do that and then we would not have to worry about So many dupes all of the forums.
    I agree with you. A lot of people are freaking out because it looks like this, runs like that. You need to relax and hang on for the public release of iOS 7. I'm a phone geek, yes. But I won't even get the beta because I'm not a developer. Let the developers test it and develop all those things that they develop. I am going to sit and enjoy iOS 6 before it is gone.

Blake