Dumb Copycats.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Rumor: Samsung might bring fingerprint tech to its future smartphones

While I admit to having a HTC One, I wouldn't get caught dead with a Samsung device.

Rumors of an Apple watch breaks out, Samsung says they're working on one too.

Rumors of Apple using finger print tech are hot and heavy, now all of a sudden we have this.

When Apple purchased the fingerprint reader company, what patents did they get ? Didn't it create a mild uproar when they told HP and Dell they wouldn't be getting anymore readers ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Doing what other companies do is Samesung's forte. Occasionally, they do better than who they ripped off...

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
To me, I am less concerned with who gets it first, and more with who gets it right. I am not particularly impressed with many of the new features in the S4, and I think Samsung will realize that fingerprint recognition involves a lot more than just slapping a sensor in a phone and calling it a day.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
To me, I am less concerned with who gets it first, and more with who gets it right. I am not particularly impressed with many of the new features in the S4, and I think Samsung will realize that fingerprint recognition involves a lot more than just slapping a sensor in a phone and calling it a day.

Well we know Apple holds the patent for biometric finger scanning technology, so Samsung will havre to use optical or some form of capacitive scanner, because I remember Apple warning HP and Dell that they weren't going to supply them with scanners anymore after they bought Authentic Tec.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a fingerprint scanner on the iPhone yet...so copy cat Samsung is not. And even if they do, who cares? It's technology, and a popular "desired" feature at that...that'd be like calling Samsung a copy cat for putting picture messaging ability on their phones. People really need to get over this whole "copy cat" BS...consumer tech is going to follow trends, this includes features, and every device on the market is going to sway with the trends to some level or another.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
There was a fingerprint scanner on the original motorola atrix. So samsung copycating apple is false.

Sent from my game boy color

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Is it copy catting when a company buys the patents? Because really, in legal terms Apple hasn't really copied anything (except for maybe a smartphone). I mean, they literally have patents on everything that has to do with their products. Also couldn't the finger scanner actually be for the Mac laptops rather than the iPhone/ iPad? That sounds a lot more plausible.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I can see this whole fingerprint thing have some big bugs. I hope there is a way to disable. I don't think I would use it. Is it just to unlock your phone? I have read much into it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just feel that all phone companies and stuff all copy each other just make things a little different away from other platforms.. To me I don't see it as copying I just see it as technology improving and operating systems on all different types of phones wanting to compete one another.. If you think about it every phone copy other phone at some point like when all phones start to have camera and full keyboards and become touch screens and etc.. It's just a part of life they get inspiration from other phones and change it a bit to make it their own

Chiranjeev

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Bt features of S4 are for kids below 15 year olds. Smart scroll,smart pause,air gestures all are just gimmicks. Seriously I wudnt use all these features on daily basis. It's perfect for kids to have fun with all these features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Bt features of S4 are for kids below 15 year olds. Smart scroll,smart pause,air gestures all are just gimmicks. Seriously I wudnt use all these features on daily basis. It's perfect for kids to have fun with all these features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just because you wouldn't use the features doesn't mean they're made for kids. Remember everybody likes different things. Unless your the only adult in the world?

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
There was a fingerprint scanner on the original motorola atrix. So samsung copycating apple is false.

I think it's not about apple having it first, it's about Samsung copying apple. I had a galaxy s2 and let me tell you, they certainly do try to copy apple. I usually say its a good thing when companies copy features as it leads to better full experiences and pushes companies to keep innovating but Samsung is the worst at it. They have always modeled touch whiz after the iPhone yet they made it look horrible. They may have moved away from that for the most part, but borrowed many features like vibrate patterns and Siri. I would never buy a Samsung device again because the updates were so unpolished that I had to root my phone to get something more polished. I have always known Samsung as a high end company. They have high quality TV's and entertainment systems, innovative appliances, and have had some good quality mobile hardware, but they suck at software and mobile. I had a Samsung instinct and that was a joke of a device, I had a touchscreen Samsung camera and it was horrible, and a galaxy s2 which always have me issues. So if Samsung is copying apple it's not a good thing because they don't know how to properly do mobile IMHO. Not saying the s3 and s4 are horrible phones but I do NOT sense the quality they put into their entertainment hardware like TV's or their appliances (at least I hear Samsung appliances are good, I have no experience with them.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen