Deleting Albums on IPhone 5

Kitcatray1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a new iMac and moved all my photos on my iPhone 5 to iPhoto on the Mac! What I'd like to do now is delete all the albums and photos on the iPhone. I'm not very educated on today's technology. Not afraid to acknowledge this fact. I've read a many answers on how to delete these albums and have yet found the one that works for me. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this puzzling question. I've tried everything.

Needing help in Arlington,Tx

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

To delete synced photos and videos

1. In iTunes, select the device icon in the Devices list on the left. Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
  2. Choose "Sync photos from."
    • On a Mac, choose iPhoto or Aperture from the pop-up menu.
    • On a Windows PC, choose Photoshop Album or Photoshop Elements from the pop-up menu.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
  4. Click Apply.
To delete Camera Roll photos and videos

There are two methods to delete items from the Camera Roll:

or

• Delete photos and videos from your device manually. Open the Photos application, open the Camera Roll, tap the Action button, tap each photo to select it, and tap the Delete button.
    Note: For photos and videos you want to save for later, import them to your computer before deleting them from the Camera Roll.

Last edited:

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So if I have an iPad 4, that was synced to a laptop I no longer have and I plug it into an iMac to delete photos off of the iPad, will it wipe my iPad ?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can only sync your iOS device to a single computer, so syncing it to a new computer will delete everything.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a new iMac and moved all my photos on my iPhone 5 to iPhoto on the Mac! What I'd like to do now is delete all the albums and photos on the iPhone. I'm not very educated on today's technology. Not afraid to acknowledge this fact. I've read a many answers on how to delete these albums and have yet found the one that works for me. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this puzzling question. I've tried everything.

Needing help in Arlington,Tx
I remove mine exactly as what 'D posted for you using the PC method outlined. Works everytime.

alohatile

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
When I choose "Selected albums" it doesn't display the albums on my cell, it displays the folders on my desktop. I have about 100 albums on
the Iphone 5 and to remove them manually is silly to say the least. Your instructions appear to say that I should be able to delete the albums on my phone using
ITunes. Is that corrrect? Can you reexplain because following your instructions doesn't work, at least for me.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
When I choose "Selected albums" it doesn't display the albums on my cell, it displays the folders on my desktop. I have about 100 albums on
the Iphone 5 and to remove them manually is silly to say the least. Your instructions appear to say that I should be able to delete the albums on my phone using
ITunes. Is that corrrect? Can you reexplain because following your instructions doesn't work, at least for me.
After you select/deselect the albums in iTunes you have to hit the sync button at the bottom right, are you doing this?

It definitely works, I change my mind constantly about which albums I want on my phone, and change it via iTunes.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You can only sync your iOS device to a single computer, so syncing it to a new computer will delete everything.

I learned that hard lesson back when I got my second iPod, waaaaaay back in '06.

Sent from my beautiful, always-working, never-failing white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2