Galaxy S4 Display Technology Shoot-Out

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm just viewing it differently, but the iPhone 5 sure seems to have a tad bit more green boxes than the other two... :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It really comes back to the point where a stat ceases to be useful...I mean if one car has 1,000hp and a similar car right next to it has 1,025hp, what's the point in putting a whole lot of personal strife trying to pick between the power numbers, lol. Also relevant is the idea of the larger specs in the bigger screens...you have these super duty trucks with enormous motors in them, but it doesn't mean it's the best choice, you can get smaller motors with different approaches to power and get equal or better performance.

I know i use a lot of car analogy's...it's because besides electronics, I'm a car nut, lol.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I saw that article. But most of the reviews of the phone say that the G4 still has over saturated colors and that the iPhone or the HTC One or the Lumia more accurately reflect color.

Many people prefer the over-saturated look though. I remember in the early '00's with digital cameras there was the same sort of debate over accurate vs over-saturated color.

It's not the GS4 per say...but the pentile OLED screen Samsung keeps using. The iPhone 5, Lumia, and HTC One all have LCD screens.

That is a very comprehensive comparison of the screen tech, nice.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not the GS4 per say...but the pentile OLED screen Samsung keeps using. The iPhone 5, Lumia, and HTC One all have LCD screens.

That is a very comprehensive comparison of the screen tech, nice.

cool profile pic

I have a friend that's tossed up on a new phone purchase he's on android but likes my 5 and he can't make up his mind I will send him this shoot-out

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
cool profile pic

I have a friend that's tossed up on a new phone purchase he's on android but likes my 5 and he can't make up his mind I will send him this shoot-out

Your friend might like the HTC One as well. Nearly iPhone like hardware quality but running Android. Got to play with one yesterday, nice looking device.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Too bad that HTC is even worse than Samsung with updating their devices.

Yeah the HTC One only having 4.1.2 is what is holding me back right now. The poor experience of 4.1.2 on my Galaxy Nexus drove me back to the iPhone. Hopefully they get it to 4.2.2 in a reasonable amount of time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods