Please Apple, release a QWERTY phone

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
As a longtime BlackBerry user I'm so disappointed that the new BB10 OS has abandonded many of the things that made it great, especially for business users - data compression with BIS, push email, instant access seperate email inboxes - and have release an OS which copies the rest. As a longtime MacBook user I really like the Apple ecosystem, and would seriously consider moving to Apple if they brought out a QWERTY phone. Yeah, I know it's never going to happen and I'm just dreaming, but please, Tim Cook, if you're reading this, please give it some serious thought.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I used to think that the physical keyboard was the bomb... then I got the iPhone - and found out I thought wrong.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You DO know there is a keyboard version of the BB10 phone coming right? The Q10 is coming and should be out within the next couple months. It looks great from what we have seen. :)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You DO know there is a keyboard version of the BB10 phone coming right? The Q10 is coming and should be out within the next couple months. It looks great from what we have seen. :)

I think that BB should have released the Q10 first. It's going to be interesting if the SGSIV comes out about the same time. IMHO, some people are going to get "samsunged". Hey, is that word a noun or a verb.LOL:)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I too can't imagine it happening. For me I don't know if I could go back to a physical keyboard. Really used to typing on a screen the last 4 years.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think that BB should have released the Q10 first. It's going to be interesting if the SGSIV comes out about the same time. IMHO, some people are going to get "samsunged". Hey, is that word a noun or a verb.LOL:)

IMO, it's kinda like the F word which can be a noun, verb, adjective or an adverb. Samsunged falls in that category.

If the SGS4 comes out at the same time as the BBX phone, that's a horrible move on BB's part.

RicHerdez

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
There are qwerty keyboard cases out on the market for iPhone just search for it and you will come up with a couple different ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Apple won't release a phone with a physical keyboard. That's something of the past. Everything is moving to full touch today. Even BlackBerry recognizes the need for touch, that's why they are focusing on the Z10.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As a longtime BlackBerry user I'm so disappointed that the new BB10 OS has abandonded many of the things that made it great, especially for business users - data compression with BIS, push email, instant access seperate email inboxes - and have release an OS which copies the rest. As a longtime MacBook user I really like the Apple ecosystem, and would seriously consider moving to Apple if they brought out a QWERTY phone. Yeah, I know it's never going to happen and I'm just dreaming, but please, Tim Cook, if you're reading this, please give it some serious thought.

Have you seen the onscreen keyboard? Guess what? It’s QWERTY. Now, if you’re asking for a physical keyboard, that’s a whole other matter. That ain’t happening.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
IMO, it's kinda like the F word which can be a noun, verb, adjective or an adverb. Samsunged falls in that category.

If the SGS4 comes out at the same time as the BBX phone, that's a horrible move on BB's part.

That's why, i believe that it will happen. It's almost as if BB is looking for a way to fail. This way, they can tell their faithful that they tried. I had a BB Bold 9000, back in the day, and i loved it, but the one thing that i didn't like was the physical keyboard(i have big hands). If their keyboard is the only thing keeping some people attached to BB, then it's time for them to wake up and smell the coffee.LOL:rolleyes:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That's why, i believe that it will happen. It's almost as if BB is looking for a way to fail. This way, they can tell their faithful that they tried. I had a BB Bold 9000, back in the day, and i loved it, but the one thing that i didn't like was the physical keyboard(i have big hands). If their keyboard is the only thing keeping some people attached to BB, then it's time for them to wake up and smell the coffee.LOL:rolleyes:

Same here except I've got small girly hands and I still hated the KB. Even as small as they are, those keys were way too close together. I love the v-keyboard on my iPhone a lot better.

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple won't release a phone with a physical keyboard. That's something of the past. Everything is moving to full touch today. Even BlackBerry recognizes the need for touch, that's why they are focusing on the Z10.

The Z10 has full on screen touch gestures, there is no "home" button. When will Apple do the same with the iPhone?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The Z10 has full on screen touch gestures, there is no "home" button. When will Apple do the same with the iPhone?

The home button is integral to the ease of use of iOS. If you take the home button away then you add more unnecessary gestures. I don't see them moving it for years to come.

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The home button is integral to the ease of use of iOS. If you take the home button away then you add more unnecessary gestures. I don't see them moving it for years to come.

I find it strange that Apple retains a physical button following Steve Jobs mocking of phones with physical buttons back in 2007. Replacing the home button with on screen gestures would release space both internally and externally. It would also remove a moving part that is liable to failure.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I find it strange that Apple retains a physical button following Steve Jobs mocking of phones with physical buttons back in 2007. Replacing the home button with on screen gestures would release space both internally and externally. It would also remove a moving part that is liable to failure.

I see both sides of the argument. Many non tech people want the iPhone because it is simple and only has the one button and no complicated gesture sequences.

Have you seen the new BB10 gesture list? There is a gesture for everything and it changes with each app and screen. Most people over 30 and girls, in general, prefer the home button and a single gesture for notifications.

I could see them making it an on screen button, but I don't see it going away. You see how well gestures on the iPad have done. They are available but hidden away on a menu.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen