Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Alli
  • 2 Post By JustMe'D
  • 1 Post By eve6er69
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Thumbs up iRadio coming this year. will you use it?

If you like to listen to the streaming radio on your iPhone, then you will be happy to know that Apple is going to start its streaming radio service this year. According to Investor.com, BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield has reported that Apple will launch iRadio service this year. Using this service iPhone users will be able to listen to streaming radio on their iOS device. This is a great news for music lovers. This service will be similar to Spotify and Pandora.

If you have installed Spotify on your iPhone, then you can listen to the music online on your iOS device. Using this app you can also listen to music without internet connection. You can access different tracks using this app. It provides option using which you can share your favorite song with others via Last.fm or Facebook. Spotify is available in the App Store. You can find it under Music category. This app provides option using which you can sync any song with your iOS device wirelessly. If you have installed Pandora on your iPhone, then you can also listen to the music online on your iOS device. Using this app you can make custom station on your iPhone. It will play your favorite music. You can download this app from App Store for free. It is expected that iRadio will be available in the App Store just like Spotify and Pandora.

It is expected that Apple will launch iRadio service in order to compete with Spotify and Pandora. Still no word from Apple regarding iRadio. As we know Apple is planning to launch the next generation Apple TV this year. Richard Greenfield has reported that Apple will launch iRadio before the launch of Apple TV. Recently TGBus had reported that Apple will launch iWatch in the 1st half of this year and it will include 1.5-inch OLED display and Bluetooth support.
    Source: Technology Hits

i am a huge fan of Spotify, use it everyday. but the fact that iRadio will have native features (i assume) makes it very attractive to me

cannot wait!

Global Posts
    2,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iRadio coming this year. will you use it?

This does sound cool. I use Spotify on my laptop, and tried out the mobile free for 30 days, but didn't feel like paying for it when I already had iTunes Match. If this is true, I would be interested in seeing how they price it, how it works with iCloud, and that it would be cool if former MobileMe or current iTunes Match users get a small discount on the service.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I love Spotify. I almost don't need my own music collection anymore. If iRadio can actually compete with Spotify, I might switch. Right now there is nothing like Spotify.
    BLiNK likes this.

Global Posts
    21,151 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iRadio coming this year. will you use it?

I prefer Pandora and TuneIn Radio Pro for my music & talk radio. I tried Spotify and 8Track and they were both okay, but I like the former better. Anyway, I will glad try iRadio when it is released. Hopefully, it will be great. If not, I will stick to Pandora and TuneIn Radio Pro.
    CG68 and Fit24 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

When it comes out I'll try it to see what it is like.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Sure I'll try it. Why not?

I use Sirius at work most of the time and use it in the barn, but I'll give iRadio a try especially if there aren't as many commercials as iHeart and Pandora.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I prefer Pandora and TuneIn Radio Pro for my music & talk radio. I tried Spotify and 8Track and they were both okay, but I like the former better. Anyway, I will glad try iRadio when it is released. Hopefully, it will be great. If not, I will stick to Pandora and TuneIn Radio Pro.
    With the exception of 8Track(which I haven't tried) I'm pretty much in the same boat.
    iPhone 6 - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +

Global Posts
    3,067 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I would probably try it but I have the xm app on my phone and listen to that most of the time.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I love Spotify. I almost don't need my own music collection anymore. If iRadio can actually compete with Spotify, I might switch. Right now there is nothing like Spotify.
    exactly, 9.99 a month well spent. my playlists keeps growing and GROWING!
    iPhone Intermediate

Yes, it replace Pandora and all the others.
    Apple built it, so it will work.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version

With having iTunes apple has a huge advantage over library stuff but with the massive base of spotify and pandora radio listeners it's hard to pull people from their normal routines.

Sent using Tapatalk
    BLiNK likes this.