So what about an iPad mini can Apple demo for nearly an hour at the October 23 event?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Let's assume the Mac gets some time, maybe iTunes 11, that still leaves the bulk of the October 23 event for the iPad mini.

And as cool as a small, light, thin iPad might be, it's still an iPad.

So what could Apple show off with it that we haven't seen before...?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like any good salesman, they could simply disregard the fact that it is an iPad, but yet, go over each feature with the added emphasis of the benefits using those features on a smaller form factor. For instance, if it comes with a rear-facing camera, Apple could say that more people would be comfortable using the iPad mini to take photos in comparison to its larger sibling. They could also focus on its transportability among other things. Who knows? One thing is for certain, however, Apple will present it and the world will be watching.

renstein

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
It actually doesn't take much to fill an hour. Here's how I think they will could do it.

Updated sales information on iPhone 5, and Apps updated for the new phone.
If they feel they have been improving maps well, they will tell us about that.
iOS 6 adoption rates.

Updated iPad (world LTE and Lightning Connector, I think that would be all for this update)

iBooks, adoption, books sold, books available.
iPad in the classroom, a couple of stories.
Some examples of prime text books.

Introduce the iPad Mini's hardware, price, availability.

An hour? Maybe

If there is a Retina Display MacBook 13", then the hour is definitely filled. I can't see an iMac or Mac Mini upgrade making the cut, unless, there are Educational versions that would fit the primary narrative.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think they will fill it by having a Playbook, a couple Kindles and some Android 7" ers then proceed to mock and trash them before the iPad mini drops down from the ceiling and the rumble makes all the other 7" tablets fall over. :D hey it could happen lol

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm thinking it will be called iBook and they'll focus on content especially, well, ibooks. This could easily fill up most of their time.

There's good reason for this. You think Kindle, you think books. Same with Nook. Not so with Nexus. Not so with ipad.

Even the ipod touch is named for the music player and positioned as a MP3 player product even though it's a lot more than that. That part is understood.

Same with iBook. Apple wants desperately to breathe life into ibooks. It's essential for them if they want to pose any kind of challenge to Amazon or make some serious gains into the education arena. They want you to think books first with iBook. It's understood that it's a smaller ipad. With ipad, you think tablet. It's just a way of differentiating it. Of positioning it as a different product than the ipad. No doubt Apple wants people to buy this and the ipad and is trying to give them that reason.

This is a much better name than ipad mini or ipad air. Or even ipad reader.

Besides, a product with as many variants as is rumored needs a separate name. And of course, if you go to ibook.com you'll be redirected to the ipad page.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Let's assume the Mac gets some time, maybe iTunes 11, that still leaves the bulk of the October 23 event for the iPad mini.

And as cool as a small, light, thin iPad might be, it's still an iPad.

So what could Apple show off with it that we haven't seen before...?

The new multi-tool embedded in the case, of course!! OK, just kidding...

I'm kind of hoping they cut it short and immediately open up the Apple Store for pre-orders. :)

- - - Updated - - -

It actually doesn't take much to fill an hour. Here's how I think they will could do it.

Updated sales information on iPhone 5, and Apps updated for the new phone.
If they feel they have been improving maps well, they will tell us about that.
iOS 6 adoption rates.

Updated iPad (world LTE and Lightning Connector, I think that would be all for this update)

iBooks, adoption, books sold, books available.
iPad in the classroom, a couple of stories.
Some examples of prime text books.

Introduce the iPad Mini's hardware, price, availability.

An hour? Maybe

If there is a Retina Display MacBook 13", then the hour is definitely filled. I can't see an iMac or Mac Mini upgrade making the cut, unless, there are Educational versions that would fit the primary narrative.

What about the new iTunes?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Oh well, i still liked iBook. I guess it was important to have ipad in the name. Apple seemed to focus on that aspect that it's every inch an ipad and runs ipad apps. Can't blame them.

The only surprising thing was no mention of a reduction in size or weight for ipad 4 since it is considered a generation leap. That's the purpose of the smaller connector and all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234