I am really into the GTA's of the world. Zombie games, and racing. I remember always hearing that Xbox was always better for sports games. Is that true?
    You'll hear both sides chime in with opinions of what is best for which game, but the truth is, they are pretty equal for ALL kinds of gaming. The only thing I've noticed is that with racing games, Xbox has historically been better because of the sensitivity of the triggers vs. the PS4 controller (which is improved, but is not better in my opinion). Forza is an absolutely beautiful game on the Xbox One, and Forza Horizon 2 might be one of the best games I've purchased for Xbox One (there are times where graphically, you think you're looking at a movie instead of a video game...WHILE you're playing it).

Xbox has kind of ruled the racing game world for some time because the Gran Turismo franchise fell flat and Sony Polyphony kind of dragged it's feet for too long and fans of the game started moving on to different franchises to fill their need. Hopefully one day we'll see a reawakening of that franchise because it was THE racing game for so so long.

FPS's are going to be relatively the same between the two systems. Aside from system specific features, I doubt you run into any major hang ups between the two on games like CoD, Battlefield and the like.

I actually have Madden on both PS4 AND Xbox One...I got them for free, so I kept both. They feel IDENTICAL on each system. Zero difference at all except I have been able to connect to online games easier on the Xbox than the PS4.

Zombie games are kind of a crap shoot because it seems they really follow so many different game types...mainly between FPS and 3rd person...so it just depends on which one you're playing. I recently bought the remastered Resident Evil game and it is absolutely fantastic on Xbox One.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    02-27-2015 10:15 AM
    I agree with Sean. Forza Horizon 2 is a beautiful simulation game. Though I play it on 360, still I love it. Coming back to xbox/PS, I have never used Playstation but I can assure you that you can get great titles at a discounted price(xbox gold service). I picked FIFA 15 @ $20!!

Go for XBOX One, their online services are pretty good. I play COD:AW, FC4, FH2 and FIFA 15 online with no issues!
    02-27-2015 11:09 AM
    I agree with Sean. Forza Horizon 2 is a beautiful simulation game. Though I play it on 360, still I love it. Coming back to xbox/PS, I have never used Playstation but I can assure you that you can get great titles at a discounted price(xbox gold service). I picked FIFA 15 @ $20!!

Go for XBOX One, their online services are pretty good. I play COD:AW, FC4, FH2 and FIFA 15 online with no issues!
    I don't feel that Horizon is really a "simulation" racing game at all...not to nit pick, but it is WAY more arcade style than normal Forza.
    02-27-2015 11:11 AM
    I don't feel that Horizon is really a "simulation" racing game at all...not to nit pick, but it is WAY more arcade style than normal Forza.
    Sorry, i forgot to compare it with NFS series! Lol
    02-27-2015 11:12 AM
    I'd purchase both...
    02-27-2015 11:40 AM
    no themes
    Themes were added a few months ago. I'm also pretty sure that the sleep/wake function works, unless you are talking about something different than what I'm thinking about.
    02-28-2015 12:59 PM
    Too lazy to read the whole thread. I'd go with PS4. Far better exclusive games, imho
    03-03-2015 04:15 PM
    Too lazy to read the whole thread. I'd go with PS4. Far better exclusive games, imho
    Out of curiosity...what exclusive games are out on the PS4 (aside from the remake of The Last of Us, which really isn't a PS4 game per se) that make you feel it is "far better" for exclusives? As far as I can tell, Uncharted is about it!
    03-04-2015 10:40 PM
    Out of curiosity...what exclusive games are out on the PS4 (aside from the remake of The Last of Us, which really isn't a PS4 game per se) that make you feel it is "far better" for exclusives? As far as I can tell, Uncharted is about it!
    Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog games obviously. I'm convinced that they deserve a win over Xbox exclusives.
    03-05-2015 03:32 PM
    So Uncharted (which I mentioned) and Infamous? That defines "far better"?

I have both systems, so it makes me curious how that defines it as far better...considering Xbox brings quite a few exclusives of it's own...including Halo and Forza which are both already available. I don't think either system really has a "better" assortment of exclusives outside of people's personal preference...certainly not enough to make one system better than the other in terms of exclusives.
    03-05-2015 06:04 PM
    I got the PS4 with The Last of Us download code. I've not played it much but I think I'm gonna start playing that over sports titles for a while. I'm typically not into zombie games like that but it was pretty cool from what I've played so far!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    03-07-2015 08:46 AM
    Does either come w expandable storage ? I've been looking into getting a PS4 but heard it doesn't. So I'm looking at the Xbox one. I haven't really played a console since the Nintendo GameCube lol. It's a lot of sweet *** games coming out that caught my attention.

Tapatalk'n On The  IPhone 6+
    03-07-2015 08:59 AM
    Does either come w expandable storage ? I've been looking into getting a PS4 but heard it doesn't. So I'm looking at the Xbox one. I haven't really played a console since the Nintendo GameCube lol. It's a lot of sweet *** games coming out that caught my attention.

Xbox One can use any usb based storage device as expandable storage as long as it's over 16GB (I have a 1TB hard drive as a back up on my Xbox One). Works well, but it essentially turns that drive into a proprietary drive while you're using it on the system (which means you can't write anything else to it outside of what the Xbox One saves to it).

PS4 does not have this function natively, but there are companies that make adaptors (which are quite unsightly honestly and add a lot of bulk to the system)...the adaptors work well from what I've read, but I've yet to come close to my PS4's storage capacity so I haven't really investigated it much further than just out of curiosity.
    03-07-2015 09:33 PM
    Xbox One can use any usb based storage device as expandable storage as long as it's over 16GB (I have a 1TB hard drive as a back up on my Xbox One). Works well, but it essentially turns that drive into a proprietary drive while you're using it on the system (which means you can't write anything else to it outside of what the Xbox One saves to it).

PS4 does not have this function natively, but there are companies that make adaptors (which are quite unsightly honestly and add a lot of bulk to the system)...the adaptors work well from what I've read, but I've yet to come close to my PS4's storage capacity so I haven't really investigated it much further than just out of curiosity.
    Thx for the info. Much appreciated, who's graphics would u say were better ? I've done a little research & found that the PS4 comes with 500GB's on on board storage & I believe the Xbox was also around the same storage capacity. With saved game progress, which one would u say fills the quickest ?

03-07-2015 09:56 PM
    Thx for the info. Much appreciated, who's graphics would u say were better ? I've done a little research & found that the PS4 comes with 500GB's on on board storage & I believe the Xbox was also around the same storage capacity. With saved game progress, which one would u say fills the quickest ?

They have relatively similar graphics...the PS4 has more potential down the road from internal specs, but right now, there's nothing really different between the two.

I play A LOT more games on Xbox One, and I've almost filled the 500GB internal drive on it...I would imagine the PS4 would fill up just as fast if you had similar save files on that system that I do on the Xbox One.
    03-08-2015 08:24 PM
    So Uncharted (which I mentioned) and Infamous? That defines "far better"?

I have both systems, so it makes me curious how that defines it as far better...considering Xbox brings quite a few exclusives of it's own...including Halo and Forza which are both already available. I don't think either system really has a "better" assortment of exclusives outside of people's personal preference...certainly not enough to make one system better than the other in terms of exclusives.
    Forgot about Forza but i don't like racing games at all. In case with Halo i consider Uncharted , Infamous and LoA better experience in terms of plot and gameplay. So, that actualy made "far better" picture in my head.
    Last edited by Gooldy Games; 03-09-2015 at 11:38 AM.
    03-09-2015 10:37 AM
    Forgot about Forza but i don't like racing games at all. In case with Halo i consider Uncharted , Infamous and LoA better experience in terms of plot and gameplay. So, that actualy made "far better" picture in my head.
    I get it from a personal opinion level...someone could say the console design is better making it the better system from an opinion stand point. I just feel that NEITHER system have enough exclusive titles available to really make one better than the other.
    03-09-2015 02:09 PM
    I'm convinced that PS4 exclusives are better (not far) even judjing from neutral perspective. If you're a big fan of racing games or multiplayer focused then One should be your pick. In terms of singleplay experience you would be more satisfied with PS4. Plus, slightly powerful tech specs are also an arguement.
    03-10-2015 07:28 AM
    I went with the Xbox One and I am very happy with it.
    03-11-2015 06:41 AM
    03-11-2015 12:28 PM
    If you in to Street Fighter, you gotta be getting the PS4 because of the upcoming Street Fighter 5....albeit coming next year.

But personally I like the Xbox One exclusives more...so get the Xbox One for the exclusives this year and see if you can get a PS4 next year.
    03-14-2015 07:29 PM
    Xbox one for me. Wii u for family.
    03-14-2015 10:20 PM
    I see the Xbox One as a media centre that also plays games and the PS4 as a games centre that also plays media.

Currently I am in a house that has both and the PS4 gets WAY more use than the Xbox.

I have an Xbox back in the UK and I hated it. The last Playstation I personally owned was the PS2 and it was great.

Just my opinion.
    03-14-2015 10:47 PM
    I prefer the ps4 over the Xbox one mainly for the size. Ps4 is smaller, which makes it fit better in the tight space I have for a game system in my armoire. I also think the ps4 controller is better than the Xbox one controller.
    03-14-2015 10:57 PM
    You can't really go wrong with either at this point, just look into the exclusives and there you will usually figure out what system to go for when making your choice.
    03-15-2015 06:16 AM
123 1234 ...