A month with the PS4...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I'm having a bit of technology overload. I have a Wii U, an Xbox One, an Xbox 360 and my most recent addition, the PS4.

I bought the PS4 with Kill Zone: Shadow Fall...it was the only game I really wanted for PS4 because my Playstations have always been a single player experience for me...when I buy multi-player games, I always buy them on Xbox (because that is where my online people are, and because, up until now, Xbox has always provided ME with the better online experience).

For starters...I absolutely love the PS4's user interface. It is simply a WORLD better than the Xbox One's tile system. In my Xbox review, I talked about my distaste for this setup...after using the PS4, I can tell you that I think they made a HUGE mistake going with that, and that Sony really did well by keeping it simple, easy on the yes and easy to navigate. There's just no comparison here right now, Playstation has the better UI.

KillZone...it is the first version of this game that I have actually owned myself (I did play the others at my brothers house). I have to say, while very cool looking, I'm just not that interested in it at all. The story doesn't intrigue me that much, and if the game wasn't damn beautiful looking in so many ways, I would have probably already sold it.

The systems themselves feel very similar in performance...a friend of mine brought Battlefield 4 over and we played it a bit, and honestly, I didn't see any difference between the PS4 and the Xbox One versions. I did notice that the PS4 seemed to connect a little faster to the servers than I have experienced with the Xbox One, but that could have simply been attributed to the time of day I was playing it. One positive note though, I no longer see the difference in online functionality between the systems...not even a little.

This is a really good start for Sony...they have, at least in my opinion, taken an extra step of polish before releasing their next gen console. There are still some hiccups, just like the Xbox, I notice some weird performance issues with the games themselves, a few times being booted back to the main menu screen while trying to play a game. My controller has been the most problematic part of my PS4 experience, enough to where I actually returned my PS4 and got a new one last week (the controller kept dying after only 30 or so minutes of play, even fully charged)...the new controller seems ok, but I still notice it dies MUCH quicker than the Xbox's controller...it also doesn't feel quite as solid (it's much lighter in my hand so it feels kind of cheap...I had the same complaint about the PS3 controller as well).

I recently bought Knack but have not had a chance to really play it much...the game itself is really awesome though, the story seems very well written and I'm looking forward to getting into it to see what it is all about...it was one of the titles that stuck out to me the most last summer.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this system...but like the Xbox One, I'm waiting for a very strong firmware update to work some of the bugs out and get everything smooth and what I would expect out of the next gen systems. I do find a very first world problem though with all these systems...I have a video game choice overload, and it usually ends with me just not playing any of them, lol. Seems weird, but it's the truth! That or I go back to one of my old games on the 360 or Wii U to have fun with.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm anxious to get both the xbone and the ps4. I'm just waiting for them to actually have some games!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Finally! I wouldn't worry about Knack, it is average for me, and you could do better with the various Third Party titles that has gone in for Next Gen, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag being the best for me. You got that one yet, Sean?

Anyways, congrats on the purchase. If you got a multiplayer game you wanna get online, give me a holler.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally! I wouldn't worry about Knack, it is average for me, and you could do better with the various Third Party titles that has gone in for Next Gen, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag being the best for me. You got that one yet, Sean?

Anyways, congrats on the purchase. If you got a multiplayer game you wanna get online, give me a holler.

Definitely...I just don't see which one I'll be getting. Honestly, as much as this goes against my grain (having been a loyal Halo lover on Xbox), I'm considering buying Destiny for PS4...something is telling me it's going to be the better experience between the two.

I haven't beaten AC: Revelations yet, so I haven't bought any since then. I think Black Flag follows the other story from AC 2 and 3, but I want to finish the one I got before I buy another, even if it's a different line.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would consider Destiny too, seeing as I'm pretty bored with Halo by now. If I'd play a shooter I would wait for Titanfall.. But you'd already know that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You know I jumped on the chance at getting a PS4 over the holidays and since getting it home, I haven't really touched it. Agree, the UI is quite good. I've just been absorbed by my computer lately. Need a solid console RPG to come out or something. That'll probably suck me back in.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll be going with the xbox one. Reason being is for the game Forza. I love that game

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
You know I jumped on the chance at getting a PS4 over the holidays and since getting it home, I haven't really touched it. Agree, the UI is quite good. I've just been absorbed by my computer lately. Need a solid console RPG to come out or something. That'll probably suck me back in.

What about oblivion or skyrim? I found those to be awesome rpg games.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll be going with the xbox one. Reason being is for the game Forza. I love that game

If you've been a fan of the previous Forza games, prepare for a different experience...and a much less polished multiplayer experience. Forza 5 is a beautiful game, but it feels so rushed as well.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If you've been a fan of the previous Forza games, prepare for a different experience...and a much less polished multiplayer experience. Forza 5 is a beautiful game, but it feels so rushed as well.

I played one race on the xbox one demo at the Microsoft store. Seemed good, but I never had the ability to see the online play

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I played one race on the xbox one demo at the Microsoft store. Seemed good, but I never had the ability to see the online play

I have always thought the online play from the first ever Forza never disappointed, maybe they just got that part of the game right every time. Or they could be rehashing it, which seems more likely.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW