Dark days for Nintendo may be on the horizon...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The Wii U is decent but the should have stuck with mobile gaming since he only competition in that market is PSP and iPod. PS4 and XBox 1 are way too much competition.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, that's not a surprise... But I would still buy that thing to play the latest Mario. I would be first in line, and I'm sure many others would too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, that's not a surprise... But I would still buy that thing to play the latest Mario. I would be first in line, and I'm sure many others would too.

GO Mario!!!....I'm with you on that

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would love to one day see nintendo games available in the App Store. I could relive my childhood anywhere I wanted to!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Wii U is decent but the should have stuck with mobile gaming since he only competition in that market is PSP and iPod. PS4 and XBox 1 are way too much competition.

Owning all three, I can safely tell you that while the game support (for having been out a year) is not that great...the game pad is a marvel of technology and honestly, one of the coolest video game components I have ever had (I mean the fact that I can walk away and play a full blown mario game with the same graphics and identical gameplay/features is just astounding to me).

Nintendo suffers from not bringing an online multiplayer presence like the other two machines do, and that is ABSOLUTELY 100% the reason why they are suffering right now. If Nintendo and the Wii U had a solid online multiplayer system, people would be buying the thing up right and left...unfortunately, multiplayer on the Wii U is reminiscent of the old PS2 adaptor deal they had, and is just not that intuitive.

Imagine how many Wii U's they'd move if you had a co-op Zelda or Mario game online...or the absolute tsunami of sales if they had Pokemon online.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Owning all three, I can safely tell you that while the game support (for having been out a year) is not that great...the game pad is a marvel of technology and honestly, one of the coolest video game components I have ever had (I mean the fact that I can walk away and play a full blown mario game with the same graphics and identical gameplay/features is just astounding to me).

Nintendo suffers from not bringing an online multiplayer presence like the other two machines do, and that is ABSOLUTELY 100% the reason why they are suffering right now. If Nintendo and the Wii U had a solid online multiplayer system, people would be buying the thing up right and left...unfortunately, multiplayer on the Wii U is reminiscent of the old PS2 adaptor deal they had, and is just not that intuitive.

Imagine how many Wii U's they'd move if you had a co-op Zelda or Mario game online...or the absolute tsunami of sales if they had Pokemon online.

I agree with you 100% and have posted similar remarks on other forums I go to that are discussing this. Personally, I've been tired of shooters for a long time now but FPS + online play has been moving consoles big time ever since Halo 2 and that trend probably won't be stopping any time soon.

The Wii U is a beautiful console, tons of fun to play and the tablet really has to be used to be believed (I was LOLing at it myself before I finally checked it out). Great little system but who's buying it? Sure there's a small selection of Nintendo faithful that are fine with just Wii U but for most that do buy it, it is a second machine at best. Until Nintendo builds better online support, they'll never be able to compete and they need to push hard to get...something...to bring people in. Heck, I dunno, a Metroid shooter?

Or even better, a new IP that won't seem tired and old to many.

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
@BLiNK, It's no longer called RIM. It's just BlackBerry. I think Nintendo will do something to overcome Sony and Microsoft. I cant leave a PS4 or a Xbox One on for a month on accident. My Wii was on for a month straight and wasn't even hot. Plus Nintendo still has the best gaming experts. I think they will come out and suprise all of us. How many gaming consoles do you own? I own a Wii, PS1 PS2, PS3, PS4, and 3 Gameboys. Xbox One comes later on this year.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The real issue Nintendo isn't doing well is because of the lack of third party support. They just don't have the big guns making the full ports the Wii U deserves, look at the crippled multiplayer Black Ops got since its release.

They still have some of the best exclusive games maybe of the lot, but nowadays there aren't as many dedicated Nintendo fans willing to shell out the money for a console that they could blow off completely with the purchase of a PS4 and Xbox One instead.

Most of the younger crowd grew up with PS and Xbox, and its not helping that the Nintendo crowd is slowly defecting too.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I saw this coming to be honest. I thought the Wii U would be great but I don't think Nintendo did a good job at marketing; nor does it have the support. We have a Wii U like any other console, and my brother enjoys it (because he can play the games on the gamepad). He also enjoyed his Nintendo 3DS until his iPhone was upgraded. I personally still play my 3DS but I grew up on certain games, just like I grew up on the game boy. Maybe I appreciate it much more. Moral of the story is, kids today have iPads and tablets, phones, laptops, iPods, etc. they're not focused on consoles.

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This generation too had Xboxes more than Wiis, so maybe they have moved on..

Leaving the old farts like me to enjoy their Pikimins.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner