Reimagined Game Center

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Here's a thought.

I use my iPhone for gaming and is the reason why I chose not to with Android. I know you can emulate with an Android and that's cool and all, but for some reason, I have no problem coughing up money for an iOS game like Transistor, Banner Saga or any of the Final Fantasy games, especially with the new Apple TV allowing games to be played on a bigger screen.
I make predictions with iOS and really any tech event, from Google I/O to WWDC (I'll start posting future ones from now on.) and predicted Apple would free the controllers for Apple TV and that would jump start video games development for content that was device only like an MMO, where you have to have a controller to play.
I was wrong on one prediction and feel like Apple could fix it, the Game Center app. I thought with iOS 10 they'd make the app for the TV as well and turn it into an IM for gamers, like PlayStation and Xbox have. With achievement tracking, friend requests and messages. Here's what I thought the app would work after the update.
Say you're playing this MMO game on the Apple TV with some friends, but have to leave for work, while at the same time, enjoyed playing with some people you just met, so you send a friend request from the Apple TV, before logging off. On your way home from work, you send a message to everyone from your iPhone, saying you're going to be online and looking to see who else would be as well while glancing at your Apple Watch with each replying notification through out your commute.

What do you think? Could the Apple TV/ iPhone gain enough recognition as a gaming device for Apple to devote the resources into the app?
I know it won't beat the PS4 or Xbox One, but I feel like it could hold its own as a gaming console for super casual, casual and the light hard core gamers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully members will post their viewpoints regarding this matter. In the meantime, thanks for sharing yours...��

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2