Why can't I get into Game Center, my screen just shows white?

I

iMore Question

Why can't I get into Game Center My screen just shows white

I upgraded to IOS 9 and now Game Center only shows a white screen can't play some of my games

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why can't I get into Game Center My screen just shows white

Try signing out of game center in Settings. Then sign back in.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I can't get into Game Center on settings

Go to Settings and tap Game Center
363c75995cac4ddc8baeee5bac06fa17.jpg

Then tap your email Apple ID
bc3c6b414d9c81795c4105f2ad4fe4b6.jpg

Then sign out, then sign back in..
76bf97a7b674c7c3f74acff131addfad.jpg

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
But Game Center in settings just freezes the settings app. How can we log out, and then back in if we can't even get into Game Center in settings?

I've seen quite a few people with this problem. Resetting all settings and restarting the phone doesn't work either. Apple obviously needs to fix this. 9.3 maybe?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But Game Center in settings just freezes the settings app. How can we log out, and then back in if we can't even get into Game Center in settings?

I've seen quite a few people with this problem. Resetting all settings and restarting the phone doesn't work either. Apple obviously needs to fix this. 9.3 maybe?

How does Game Center freeze the Settings App? What do you mean by that? I've never heard of such happening. It doesn't on my phone. Follow the instructions above. You log out of Game Center in Settings.

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
How does Game Center freeze the Settings App? What do you mean by that? I've never heard of such happening. It doesn't on my phone. Follow the instructions above. You log out of Game Center in Settings.

You didn't read what I posted. I can't "log out of Game Center in settings"... because as soon as I tap on it, the settings app locks up (freezes)

In settings, I scroll down to Game Center, tap on it, and it freezes right there. The settings app itself locks up and I can't do anything else. I have to force close the settings app to recover.

With that said, I just received the 9.2.1 update and am installing it now. I hope it fixes this!

nate85

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I would like attention brought to this. Mine has been "dead" for a while. I would really like a fix. Here is a thread I found that has been going on for a while on Apple support. There was a "fix" posted a couple of days ago but it didn't work for me.

https://
discussions.
apple
.com
/thread/7218355?start=315&tstart=0

My post count is too low so I hope that works.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's a bunch of people in this thread that have experienced the freezing settings app when trying to access Game Center settings.

http://forums.imore.com/ios-9/34078...e-center-doesn-t-work-what-could-problem.html

Odd for sure. I don?t see that on my 6s Plus. I don't think it's wide spread. Obviously some do have the issue though. I would first try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up. It's a PITA, but it fixes many issues. I did it 3 days after I got my 6s Plus in September.

This too:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5431334?tstart=0

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Odd for sure. I don‘t see that on my 6s Plus. I don't think it's wide spread. Obviously some do have the issue though. I would first try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up. It's a PITA, but it fixes many issues. I did it 3 days after I got my 6s Plus in September.

This too:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5431334?tstart=0
Yeah, I tried the reset all settings thing. No go... I guess a factory reset is the only option it seems.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Someone did it from an iCloud back up and it worked. Try that first. As new is last resort.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice