Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ridiculocity
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Hesitant To Use Game Center

I am a 49 yo woman gamer. I'm not great at games, I don't spend hours playing them. But I miss the fun I used to have playing when my kids were around and would indulge me in a game (mostly for their own entertainment to beat my ***). I have been afraid to start with game center because I don't know anyone personally who uses the service. But what worries me most is that I want fair, fun gameplay with people who aren't interested in kicking my **** just because they are "pros" at the game. Is there a way to filter users who are similar experience levels as myself? I just don't have any idea how to go about this or if it is possible. Thanks for any help!
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    5.1.1 / 6

Default Re: Hesitant To Use Game Center

What I do is add friends first from Facebook and contact list and add requests that come thru then you will start getting req from others connected to the new people you add. There is no problem to delete someone afterward. Especially if you have no games in common.

Add me if you like
    RidiculocitY™
    Check out my band DreadCircus - http://www.jadestarr.com.au
    iPhone 5 64GB / iPad mini 16GB / iPad 2 64GB / Apple TV / MacBook Pro
    Team Jailbreak!!!
    JustMe'D likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Thanks! I just sent a request...
    iPhone Nanite

Playing for pleasure, rather than for winning has always been the point for me and I try to instil that into my children.

The 'competitive' nature of players in GameCentre varies from game to game but I get the most enjoyment from the online play of "board game" conversions such as:

Ticket to Ride
    Carcassonne
    Ascension
    Lost Cities

If you want to add me to play any of these games, feel free. (GC name is the same as my iMore name)
    Last edited by craiggiarc; 04-27-2013 at 09:57 AM.