The last post wins!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Time for bed, the line of possible Tornadoes have passes....Good Night, I think....
fddb2132e92638f2ea4ad4b46c8c1afe.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Here's the transcript of your chat with Apple Support:
iPhone 5s Chat Transcript

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 04:16 AM
Duration: 12 minutes 55 seconds

Brianna:
Thanks for contacting AppleCare chat support. My name is Brianna. Please give me a moment to look over your information.

Brianna:
Hello Halil! How can I help you today?

Halil:
Hi. Here is a short summary of my problem

Halil:
It would be great if spotlight search was possible even when you had your phone set to a different language than the country you're in. 'Cause I live in the Netherlands but have my phone set to English because that's what I want to use. I've set my phone region to The Netherlands. That really should be enough to have spotlight search enabled on my device.

Brianna:
I appreciate the information and definitely understand your concern! I also enjoy the convenience of Spotlight and would like to take a moment to look further into this matter for you so you can also begin to enjoy this feature as expected!

Halil:
Thank you

Brianna:
The pleasure is mine! Have you ever been able to use this feature with your device Halil?

Halil:
Yes I have. I have set my device language to Dutch and my region to the Netherlands.

Halil:
Spotlight Search works that way just fine. But I really like to be able to set my device to English and still be able to use Spotlight. What I get now is the simple Search iPhone feature when I swipe my homescreen down

Brianna:
Ok I see. Thank you! I am reviewing my resources now and I do see that you must ensure your region is set to the country you're currently in and your language is set to the language of that country. Take a look at this link. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203072.

Brianna:
I understand how inconvenient this can be and would like to provide you with the resources to provide feedback about this specific feature.

Halil:
Thank you, that would be great, yes

Brianna:
This link here allows you to click on the device you would like to provide feedback for. https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p.

Halil:
I appreciate it. I will definitely send my feedback

Brianna:
I will also be emailing you a Case Number for this interaction along with a transcript of our interaction for future reference Halil!

Halil:
Great

Brianna:
You have yourself an amazing morning none the less!

Halil:
Thanks for your time and have a merry Christmas

Brianna:
Thanks, you as well!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2