The last post wins!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes, when I'm reading news articles, I'll see some writers butchering a sentence. It annoys me to see people who write for a living not having their writing skills up to par. I don't know why, but I always want a sentence to be written perfectly. I must admit, I've been a bit OCD about it lately. It's driving me absolutely insane.

I was that way for a little while after I finished college English 101. Now I'm back to my regular, relaxed writing methods.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been working lately due to school. I've got a lot in the bank to fund my tech adventures, which is good. My Xbox One has been eating a good chunk of my money lately...

Two things have been really eating my money lately... Taxes and my car. Lol

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I was that way for a little while after I finished college English 101. Now I'm back to my regular, relaxed writing methods.

You know these things? --> --

Yeah, those have been an interesting yet troubling experience. While both of the following sentences are technically correct, I feel like the latter is better.

Steve Jobs, the pinnacle of the technology industry and the original CEO of Apple, Inc., died in 2011.

Steve Jobs - the pinnacle of the technology industry and the original CEO of Apple, Inc. - died in 2011.

I still feel like one is wrong over the other, though. They've sort of messed with my writing style.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You know these things? --> --

Yeah, those have been an interesting yet troubling experience. While both of the following sentences are technically correct, I feel like the latter is better.

Steve Jobs, the pinnacle of the technology industry and the original CEO of Apple, Inc., died in 2011.

Steve Jobs - the pinnacle of the technology industry and the original CEO of Apple, Inc.-died in 2011.

I still feel like one is wrong over the other, though. They've sort of messed with my writing style.

The first one is far more correct than the second. Imo

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
The first one is far more correct than the second. Imo

Yeah, and that's where a lot of writers have a little bit of a breakdown. Some prefer the former, and some prefer the latter. I've personally written using the former for many years, and I'm currently defaulting to it, but I like the latter a bit more. They're little devils, those -- things, aren't they?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, and that's where a lot of writers have a little bit of a breakdown. Some prefer the former, and some prefer the latter. I've personally written using the former for many years, and I'm currently defaulting to it, but I like the latter a bit more. They're little devils, those -- things, aren't they?

Yeah lol

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...I don't really know how those work? I mean, I kind of do, but not really. I haven't really had to deal with that stuff yet, you see.

I believe I'll get some of the withholding back when I file. But tbh I don't really understand how it works myself. I'm just on a payroll.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles with be here for a meal.

Awesome! I'm heading down to Massachusetts tomorrow. Well, hopefully. We're currently receiving a lot of snow. Trees are down in the front of my house.
f7940f9482728fa6aef67c7be66708da.jpg

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope so as well. How do you like the iPhone 6, Tech? There have been numerous reported problems with it. Have you had any of them occur?

Love it! No, I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I was disappointed that it's not that much different from my 5, though.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Love it! No, I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I was disappointed that it's not that much different from my 5, though.

I'll be buying the 6s when it releases. It's looking very promising. I can't see the justification to make the jump to the 6 when I already have a 5s. I'm glad you like it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro