The last post wins!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That's stupid. By the end of 2019 we are expected to get 200 down 100up for 70-80NZD a month for unlimited.

Posted via iMore App

You mean in 5 years?

I'm already on 200down/10up including a landline phone and television for 103 NZD at the moment..

They're gonna raise the upload to 20 soon I hope.. When we hit 2019 I will be at least on 500/250 for less than 100NZD

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
7ebu5ybe.jpg

This screenie was made in April 19th. I have this connection for over 6 months now

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You mean in 5 years?

I'm already on 200down/10up including a landline phone and television for 103 NZD at the moment..

They're gonna raise the upload to 20 soon I hope.. When we hit 2019 I will be at least on 500/250 for less than 100NZD

We have 200 down 50 up atm for 80 a month. Well we don't but a lot of places do.

Posted via iMore App

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
We have 200 down 50 up atm for 80 a month. Well we don't but a lot of places do.

Posted via iMore App

My internet provider is one of the two biggest providers in the Netherlands. They're gonna acquire the other one as soon as it gets approved by the proper authorities. They both claim that people don't need bigger uploads, but downloads. They use the bandwidth of 'cable' for television channels, both analogue as digital and HD. If they stop broadcasting analogue tv, there will be more bandwidth for higher uploads, but there are still too much consumers dependent on analogue yet. Mostly elder people.

And I'm afraid if they stop analogue, they will use the free bandwidth for more on-demand options and HD channels.

There is a growing demand for higher uploads but not enough to make it happen in the close future.

Those who switched to FTTH, are complaining about lousy HD quality, but are very satisfied about their internet connection (500/500 is the highest they can get)

And it's not possible to break up the all in one packages to have less tv and higher Internet connections, don't ask me why.. UPC, my cable provider, is very stubborn on that.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My internet provider is one of the two biggest providers in the Netherlands. They're gonna acquire the other one as soon as it gets approved by the proper authorities. They both claim that people don't need bigger uploads, but downloads. They use the bandwidth of 'cable' for television channels, both analogue as digital and HD. If they stop broadcasting analogue tv, there will be more bandwidth for higher uploads, but there are still too much consumers dependent on analogue yet. Mostly elder people.

And I'm afraid if they stop analogue, they will use the free bandwidth for more on-demand options and HD channels.

There is a growing demand for higher uploads but not enough to make it happen in the close future.

Those who switched to FTTH, are complaining about lousy HD quality, but are very satisfied about their internet connection (500/500 is the highest they can get)

And it's not possible to break up the all in one packages to have less tv and higher Internet connections, don't ask me why.. UPC, my cable provider, is very stubborn on that.
Ha. Just checked the updates from the government, gigabit up/down might be offered but 1gig down 500 up will for sure be offered. Looks like my little country will generally have better upload then the Netherlands:p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW