The last post wins!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
WOW! I shouldn't be complaining then. How can you live there? I would move out ASAP if I was in that situation. I can't live without an unlimited internet connection (I'm not joking)

It really kills me! We had unlimited internet when we had that Verizon line, but that ******* ***** started ripping us off! I'll prolly move out as soon as I turn 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I would beam it in through a satellite connection. Screw the cost at that point! That's just insane!

The satellite companies are the biggest cooperate hogs out there! We had huges net for awhile, and it was $70/mo for 20GBs, and the service was very crappy!

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It really kills me! We had unlimited internet when we had that Verizon line, but that ******* ***** started ripping us off! I'll prolly move out as soon as I turn 18.

I would definitely recommend doing that. That's no way to live in a modern society

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but ppl who live in town pay like $20-$30 dollars for 6-10mbps dsl!

I would create a petition to fund a fiber optic network. You NEED Google Fiber to help you out! Seriously, hit up Google on twitter. Those are the things they love to help with

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Att is going to get back with us by next Friday on whether they can get dsl out to us. If they can, it will be $34 for 6mpbs dsl. If they can't, we'll be forced to get limited verizon data-that cost an arm and a leg!

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Att is going to get back with us by next Friday on whether they can get dsl out to us. If they can, it will be $34 for 6mpbs dsl. If they can't, we'll be forced to get limited verizon data-that cost an arm and a leg!

Hopefully AT&T can help you out. They really are a company that cares about their customers

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I would create a petition to fund a fiber optic network. You NEED Google Fiber to help you out! Seriously, hit up Google on twitter. Those are the things they love to help with

google fiber isn't in some of the largest metro areas... Why would they come to a very sparsely populated area?

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
google fiber isn't in some of the largest metro areas... Why would they come to a very sparsely populated area?

Because of your network infrastructure. That's all the more reason to build a network there first. Google is an amazing company, and they understand issues like this. If you can get enough people to sign a petition and let them know what's going on, there's a good chance that they'll help you. It's happened before

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully AT&T can help you out. They really are a company that cares about their customers

I hope so too! They are in the process of laying a cable that is for sure dsl, but I'm not sure if it will be done any time soon. But according to them, they have dsl in our community, and might be able to stretch a line to our house. The only problem is, none of our friends that live in the same community have dsl... So I don't think the costumer service rep knew what they were talking about.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Because of your network infrastructure. That's all the more reason to build a network there first. Google is an amazing company, and they understand issues like this. If you can get enough people to sign a petition and let them know what's going on, there's a good chance that they'll help you. It's happened before

It wouldn't be done before that att dsl cable is... And while fiber would be nicer than dsl, I'm prolly the only person in 20 miles that could tell the difference lol

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope so too! They are in the process of laying a cable that is for sure dsl, but I'm not sure if it will be done any time soon. But according to them, they have dsl in our community, and might be able to stretch a line to our house. The only problem is, none of our friends that live in the same community have dsl... So I don't think the costumer service rep knew what they were talking about.

I would think that they would build a connection to your house and general area. A paying customer who will stick with your company is much better than no customer. The cost is worth the reward

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't be done before that att dsl cable is... And while fiber would be nicer than dsl, I'm prolly the only person in 20 miles that could tell the difference lol

That's true. It's a long shot, but it would be so cool if Google helped you out

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I would think that they would build a connection to your house and general area. A paying customer who will stick with your company is much better than no customer. The cost is worth the reward

Idk. For $34/mo, it would take a lot of costumers to make it worth it for them. which is exactly why they haven't got dsl to our community yet---there's either very poor ppl, or very sparsely located middle or high class ppl.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm so thankful for my 20/10 Mbps connection right now! I'm trying to imagine how I would live without it. No Netflix, YouTube, PlayStation, or Spotify. The horror!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402187526.150627.jpg

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Idk. For $34/mo, it would take a lot of costumers to make it worth it for them. which is exactly why they haven't got dsl to our community yet---there's either very poor ppl, or very sparsely located middle or high class ppl.

That might be an issue. Still, over 20 years, that's some money. You might get lucky

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice