- 12-23-2014, 09:44 PM #16351
- 12-23-2014, 09:45 PM #16352
- 12-23-2014, 09:45 PM #16353
- 12-23-2014, 10:27 PM #16354
- 12-23-2014, 10:34 PM #16355
- 12-23-2014, 10:36 PM #16356
Re: The last post wins!
Here's the transcript of your chat with Apple Support:
iPhone 5s Chat Transcript
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 04:16 AM
Duration: 12 minutes 55 seconds
Thanks for contacting AppleCare chat support. My name is Brianna. Please give me a moment to look over your information.
Hello Halil! How can I help you today?
Hi. Here is a short summary of my problem
It would be great if spotlight search was possible even when you had your phone set to a different language than the country you're in. 'Cause I live in the Netherlands but have my phone set to English because that's what I want to use. I've set my phone region to The Netherlands. That really should be enough to have spotlight search enabled on my device.
I appreciate the information and definitely understand your concern! I also enjoy the convenience of Spotlight and would like to take a moment to look further into this matter for you so you can also begin to enjoy this feature as expected!
The pleasure is mine! Have you ever been able to use this feature with your device Halil?
Yes I have. I have set my device language to Dutch and my region to the Netherlands.
Spotlight Search works that way just fine. But I really like to be able to set my device to English and still be able to use Spotlight. What I get now is the simple Search iPhone feature when I swipe my homescreen down
Ok I see. Thank you! I am reviewing my resources now and I do see that you must ensure your region is set to the country you're currently in and your language is set to the language of that country. Take a look at this link. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203072.
I understand how inconvenient this can be and would like to provide you with the resources to provide feedback about this specific feature.
Thank you, that would be great, yes
This link here allows you to click on the device you would like to provide feedback for. http://www.apple.com/feedback/.
I appreciate it. I will definitely send my feedback
I will also be emailing you a Case Number for this interaction along with a transcript of our interaction for future reference Halil!
You have yourself an amazing morning none the less!
Thanks for your time and have a merry Christmas
Thanks, you as well!
- 12-23-2014, 10:42 PM #16357
- 12-23-2014, 10:45 PM #16358
- 12-23-2014, 10:46 PM #16359
- 12-23-2014, 10:46 PM #16360
- 12-23-2014, 10:46 PM #16361
- 12-23-2014, 10:47 PM #16362
- 12-23-2014, 10:48 PM #16363
- 12-23-2014, 10:56 PM #16364
- 12-23-2014, 10:57 PM #16365
- 12-23-2014, 10:57 PM #16366
- 12-23-2014, 10:57 PM #16367
- 12-23-2014, 11:42 PM #16368
- 12-23-2014, 11:44 PM #16369
- 12-23-2014, 11:44 PM #16370
- 12-23-2014, 11:46 PM #16371
- 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM #16372
- 12-23-2014, 11:51 PM #16373
- 12-23-2014, 11:51 PM #16374
- 12-23-2014, 11:52 PM #16375
- By Just_Me_D in forum Guides & How-To ArticlesReplies: 8Last Post: 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:12 AM