Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 517 of 1321 FirstFirst ... 514515516517518519520 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,925 of 33023
Like Tree2954Likes
  1. #12901  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    That thing with "parents" saying their "kids" picked their mother has nothing to do with religion. And why would I want to embrace such a WIERD thing? This is the exact reason I DONT want to throw religion away---people that do almost always become weird.
    It kind of does. It's only weird by your standards. It's inhuman to not question things. Again, Reddit ISN'T LIKE THAT. It's actually quite a professional atmosphere. Make an account one day
  2. #12902  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    I'm afraid we're taking this conversation too far. I don't want to upset the moderators. Let's drop it
  3. #12903  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default The last post wins!

    Another reason to be in the hangout. This isn't just a chat room
  4. #12904  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    It kind of does. It's only weird by your standards. It's inhuman to not question things. Again, Reddit ISN'T LIKE THAT. It's actually quite a professional atmosphere. Make an account one day
    Well for one the internet isn't even a place to have this kind of discussion, one. And two, I am being human and questioning what you're telling me you don't have any source of data to prove reddit isn't any different than the rest of the inter webs. And would you believe a bunch of people saying that they converted to Christianity and it changed their life? After all, if a bunch of them said that same thing-in your logic- that means it's a fact.
  5. #12905  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Oh and btw, I love debating
  6. #12906  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Well for one the internet isn't even a place to have this kind of discussion, one. And two, I am being human and questioning what you're telling me you don't have any source of data to prove reddit isn't any different than the rest of the inter webs. And would you believe a bunch of people saying that the converted to Christianity and it changed their life? After all, if a bunch of them said that same thing-in your logic- that means it's a fact.
    I didn't say it was a "fact." Let's throw the bible in there if you want to think like that. Can we prove everything that happened?

    Checkmate, sir
  7. #12907  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    I didn't say it was a "fact." Let's throw the bible in there if you want to think like that. Can we prove everything that happened?

    Checkmate, sir
    Yes.
  8. #12908  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Yes.
    And how exactly would we prove everything?
  9. #12909  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    There are multiple prophecies that have came true so far.
  10. #12910  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    And how exactly would we prove everything?
    There were prophecies made 1000s of years before recorded events took place
  11. #12911  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    There are multiple prophecies that have came true so far.
    Like?
  12. #12912  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    Like?
    Well, it was prophesied that Sidon would be destroyed, when it would be destroyed, how it would be destroyed, and who would destroy it. All of what was prophesied happened exactly like it said it would. That's one tiny example. It couldn't possibly cover them all.
  13. #12913  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Well, it was prophesied that Sidon would be destroyed, when it would be destroyed, how it would be destroyed, and who would destroy it. All of what was prophesied happened exactly like it said it would. That's one tiny example. It couldn't possibly cover them all.
    There's been some interesting coincidences in the world
  14. #12914  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default The last post wins!

    The ten strangest coincidences in the world
  15. #12915  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    There's been some interesting coincidences in the world
    If there were one or two true prophecies, I would agree that's what it was. But there were many. And why would you even want to believe that it was coincidence? I think that you are trying to get away from moral accountability. Without the bible, there isn't right or wrong. We can do what ever is right in our own eyes, or the eyes of society. So people like to tell themselves the bible isn't true, so they can discredit what it says is wrong, so they can do whatever they want.
  16. #12916  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Oh, and I was actually meaning tyre, not Sidon. I got them mixed up because a lot of times they are referred to as tyre and Sidon, because Sidon was tyres mother city.
  17. #12917  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    If there were one or two true prophecies, I would agree that's what it was. But there were many. And why would you even want to believe that it was coincidence? I think that you are trying to get away from moral accountability. Without the bible, there isn't right or wrong. We can do what ever is right in our own eyes, or the eyes of society. So people like to tell themselves the bible isn't true, so they can discredit what it says is wrong, so they can do whatever they want.
    Welcome to the general world! You have (with good health) around 80 years on this planet. If we did everything to the books, life would suck. I agree that we need some rules, but many are ridiculous. This is the United States! You've lived in the country of the free for all of your life. We make our own choices
  18. #12918  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    Welcome to the general world! You have (with good health) around 80 years on this planet. If we did everything to the books, life would suck. I agree that we need some rules, but many are ridiculous. This is the United States. You've lived in the country of the free for all of your life. We make our own choices
    No life won't suck. Living a moral life, treating people right, obeying the laws, all of those are taught as the core of what we should do by the bible. Show me one of those that won't lead to success, or that will make life suck!
  19. #12919  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default The last post wins!

    And I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of true Christianity. True Christianity doesn't live by a bunch of rules.
  20. #12920  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    No life won't suck. Living a moral life, treating people right, obeying the laws, all of those are taught as the core of what we should do by the bible. Show me one of those that won't lead to success, or that will make life suck!
    I can't tell you because I haven't even bothered to read through the thing. That's just not how most people live anymore. We live our lives the way we want to and follow the law. I can tell you Grand Theft Auto would be banned
  21. #12921  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    I can't tell you because I haven't even bothered to read through the thing. That's just not how most people live anymore. We live our lives the way we want to and follow the law. I can tell you Grand Theft Auto would be banned
    Ha, no. I could play it if I want to. Again, we aren't bound by a set of strict rules. Without you having a fundamental view of the basics, nor wanting to know, and me not having time to educate you on it,we should drop the subject.
  22. #12922  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Ha, no. I could play it if I want to. Again, we aren't bound by a set of strict rules. Without you having a fundamental view of the basics, nor wanting to know, and me not having time to educate you on it,we should drop the subject.
    Let's drop the subject and agree to disagree
  23. #12923  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    Let's drop the subject and agree to disagree
  24. #12924  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
  25. #12925  
    DroidArmy's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: The last post wins!

    Well, this thread is dead

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM
  2. Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff headed to iOS on April 10
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions