Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 415 of 1321 FirstFirst ... 412413414415416417418 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 33014
Like Tree2943Likes
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

Default Re: The last post wins!

Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Goodness! I would DIE if we didn't have central air!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what an A/C unit is for. For some reason, I was the only one smart enough to buy one in my family. Everybody except for my brother and I suffer during the summer because they're too stubborn to buy one
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    This is New Hampshire! Most of the houses are old. Back in Colorado I did
    You left Colorado for New Hampshire?
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

Default The last post wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    You left Colorado for New Hampshire?
    It wasn't my choice. I love Colorado, and I'll probably end up back there one day. My mom wanted to move back to New England when I was five
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

That's what an A/C unit is for. For some reason, I was the only one smart enough to buy one in my family. Everybody except for my brother and I suffer during the summer because they're too stubborn to buy one
    Omg! Wow!

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

It wasn't my choice. I love Colorado, and I'll probably end up back there one day. My mom wanted to move back to New England when I was five
    I've lived in 4 states and one other country....

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Are there any Apple employees on iMore?

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

New Hampshire is kind of stuck back in the 90's. The only companies which have really pushed new technology here is AT&T and Verizon. They're the only ones working on new infrastructure in New Hampshire. Our power lines are still above ground so they get knocked out during bad weather. Our internet operates off of a cable DSL network which was built years ago.

This place is not for a technology enthusiast
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

New Hampshire is kind of stuck back in the 90's. The only companies which have really pushed new technology here is AT&T and Verizon. They're the only ones working on new infrastructure in New Hampshire. Our power lines are still above ground so they get knocked out during bad weather. Our internet operates off of a cable DSL network which was built years ago.

This place is not for a technology enthusiast
    South ga is worse! We don't have dsl, farming in the only industry, the power company in this area sucks! The power lines are of course above ground, and the power goes off every single week! (It actually just went off last night for about two hours just because a moderate thunder storm came through) verizon is the only cellular company with reliable service down here. AT&T is getting better. they bought altel out, who had decent-spotty service down here. Nobody has unlimited internet. The few that have internet either have extremely over priced satellite, or have over priced data(never more than 10GB per month) from verizon. It's really sad!

DroidArmy likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

South ga is worse! We don't have dsl, farming in the only industry, the power company in this area sucks! The power lines are of course above ground, and the power goes off every single week! (It actually just went off last night for about two hours just because a moderate thunder storm came through) verizon is the only cellular company with reliable service down here. AT&T is getting better. they bought altel out, who had decent-spotty service down here. Nobody has unlimited internet. The few that have internet either have extremely over priced satellite, or have over priced data(never more than 10GB per month) from verizon. It's really sad!

WOW! I shouldn't be complaining then. How can you live there? I would move out ASAP if I was in that situation. I can't live without an unlimited internet connection (I'm not joking)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

WOW! I shouldn't be complaining then. How can you live there? I would move out ASAP if I was in that situation. I can't live without an unlimited internet connection (I'm not joking)
    It really kills me! We had unlimited internet when we had that Verizon line, but that ******* ***** started ripping us off! I'll prolly move out as soon as I turn 18.

DroidArmy likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Well, there are some options for wireless unlimited internet, but they always cost over $125/mo.

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

It really kills me! We had unlimited internet when we had that Verizon line, but that ******* ***** started ripping us off!

I would beam it in through a satellite connection. Screw the cost at that point! That's just insane!
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

Well, there are some options for wireless unlimited internet, but they always cost over $125/mo.

That's what we pay for our internet and some decent cable...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

I would beam it in through a satellite connection. Screw the cost at that point! That's just insane!
    The satellite companies are the biggest cooperate hogs out there! We had huges net for awhile, and it was $70/mo for 20GBs, and the service was very crappy!

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

It really kills me! We had unlimited internet when we had that Verizon line, but that ******* ***** started ripping us off! I'll prolly move out as soon as I turn 18.

I would definitely recommend doing that. That's no way to live in a modern society
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

That's what we pay for our internet and some decent cable...
    Yeah, but ppl that live in town pay like $20-$30 dollars for 6-10mbps dsl!

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

Yeah, but ppl who live in town pay like $20-$30 dollars for 6-10mbps dsl!

I would create a petition to fund a fiber optic network. You NEED Google Fiber to help you out! Seriously, hit up Google on twitter. Those are the things they love to help with
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Att is going to get back with us by next Friday on whether they can get dsl out to us. If they can, it will be $34 for 6mpbs dsl. If they can't, we'll be forced to get limited verizon data-that cost an arm and a leg!

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

Att is going to get back with us by next Friday on whether they can get dsl out to us. If they can, it will be $34 for 6mpbs dsl. If they can't, we'll be forced to get limited verizon data-that cost an arm and a leg!

Hopefully AT&T can help you out. They really are a company that cares about their customers
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

I would create a petition to fund a fiber optic network. You NEED Google Fiber to help you out! Seriously, hit up Google on twitter. Those are the things they love to help with
    google fiber isn't in some of the largest metro areas... Why would they come to a very sparsely populated area?

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

google fiber isn't in some of the largest metro areas... Why would they come to a very sparsely populated area?

Because of your network infrastructure. That's all the more reason to build a network there first. Google is an amazing company, and they understand issues like this. If you can get enough people to sign a petition and let them know what's going on, there's a good chance that they'll help you. It's happened before
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Hopefully AT&T can help you out. They really are a company that cares about their customers
    I hope so too! They are in the process of laying a cable that is for sure dsl, but I'm not sure if it will be done any time soon. But according to them, they have dsl in our community, and might be able to stretch a line to our house. The only problem is, none of our friends that live in the same community have dsl... So I don't think the costumer service rep knew what they were talking about.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Because of your network infrastructure. That's all the more reason to build a network there first. Google is an amazing company, and they understand issues like this. If you can get enough people to sign a petition and let them know what's going on, there's a good chance that they'll help you. It's happened before
    It wouldn't be done before that att dsl cable is... And while fiber would be nicer than dsl, I'm prolly the only person in 20 miles that could tell the difference lol

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

I hope so too! They are in the process of laying a cable that is for sure dsl, but I'm not sure if it will be done any time soon. But according to them, they have dsl in our community, and might be able to stretch a line to our house. The only problem is, none of our friends that live in the same community have dsl... So I don't think the costumer service rep knew what they were talking about.

I would think that they would build a connection to your house and general area. A paying customer who will stick with your company is much better than no customer. The cost is worth the reward
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts

It wouldn't be done before that att dsl cable is... And while fiber would be nicer than dsl, I'm prolly the only person in 20 miles that could tell the difference lol

That's true. It's a long shot, but it would be so cool if Google helped you out