Facebook Messenger Tone

JonSnow101

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Here's a .zip file containing all of the sounds in the current release of FB Messenger. You will need to extract the files, find the one you want and sync it with iTunes.

Actually, it's not even in this archive. I'll try to register one now.

EDIT: I've managed to register the sound. You can hear it after the keyboard keys clicks, just a little tic-tac. And then my friend replies with tac-tic ECHOED.

h t t p://cl.ly/2X3l0r1T0r24/Untitled.m4a

EDIT2: I've just figured out that the volume was so low in the registration because actually, FB and FB Messenger sounds rely on Audio/Video volume rather than on Ringer/Alert Volume and at the moment of the registration it was low. If you can't recognise the sound, please let me know and I'll try to redo the registration.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You probably have and outdated version because the one in post 16 is not even on my phone. It's the old sound I used to have and it's a click-ding sound which is not what I was after.

What do you mean by "outdated version". It's the sound alert currently on my Messenger app that's up to date. So what's outdated? There are other choices on Android.

JonSnow101

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean by "outdated version". It's the sound alert currently on my Messenger app that's up to date. So what's outdated? There are other choices on Android.

That was the sound for received messages when you are not using messenger and it's out of focus app. If you are using messenger and the app is active, you don't get the sound you linked me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That was the sound for received messages when you are not using messenger and it's out of focus app. If you are using messenger and the app is active, you don't get the sound you linked me.

It's the only sound I've heard from Messenger. And the app is up to date. What do you mean by "out of focus"? That pa..ding sound is the only one I've heard on iPhone.

JonSnow101

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It's the only sound I've heard from Messenger. And the app is up to date. What do you mean by "out of focus"? That pa..ding sound is the only one I've heard on iPhone.

I mean in-app sounds when the app is ACTIVE, not when it's closed and you are doing something else and get a message on messenger it does that pa-ding sound. Just get into messenger and keep the app active without switching the screen, text someone and wait for the reply. Just like for whatsapp, with the app active in-app sound is "plum", whereas if it is not active, you get a ding sound.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I mean in-app sounds when the app is ACTIVE, not when it's closed and you are doing something else and get a message on messenger it does that pa-ding sound. Just get into messenger and keep the app active without switching the screen, text someone and wait for the reply. Just like for whatsapp, with the app active in-app sound is "plum", whereas if it is not active, you get a ding sound.

Gotcha. I don't use it that much. And when I do, it's for short periods of time. But I have some fussing to do at my son, so I'll do it there.