Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

6 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Default Facebook Contact Photos?

Hi guys,

So I noticed that when I have facebook sync properly with my phone, it updates calendars, friends, etc perfectly. However, it does not update contact photos well at all. It maybe updates 6 friends with their current profile pictures and nothing with the rest.

What's going on here that's different from the sync process on Android and Windows 10 Mobile? Why are facebook profile pictures not all syncing to their respective contact profiles? I've had this issue since iOS 6.

Thanks guys

Default Re: Facebook Contact Photos?

I guess it has to do weather or not your Facebook friends have their mail or phone number associated with their profile. If you have another mail for them than they've associated with their profile, Facebook will not be able to update their contact photos on your device.

Having said that, you can associate your contacts with their profile by going to that contact in the Contacts app on your iPhone, fill in their Facebook handle and save it, go back to Settings > Facebook and tap Update All Contacts. If all is well, you'll see that more than the previous 6 will be updated.

But to be honest, since I find that to be too wonky, I rather look those contacts up in Facebook, save one of their best photos to my camera roll and assign that to their info manually.

That way I have guaranteed a photo of their face rather than an avatar.

I hope this helps. Happy foruming.