connection to twitter failed

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
As of today I get a "connection to twitter failed" when trying to tweet from third party news apps. I can tweet from iOS and Tweetbot easily but get the same error when trying to tweet from any other app. Attached is a screenshot of the error. Any suggestions? I have tried all the normal stuff like rebooting, removing twitter account from iOS, closing apps, reinstalling apps etc.

Photo Jun 12, 10 35 46 AM.png

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Twitter recently retired one of their APIs, so you may need to wait until they(app developer) update things on their side before it works again.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I believe it was at some point yesterday. They could also just be experiencing an issue with the way they connect to twitter at the moment.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Had this issue as well....

But to be honest I have not tried re-sending again.. If I have time later this afternoon, I will test more.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Tapbots (TweetBot developer) tweeted earlier today:

Twitter shut off an old version of their API yesterday, if you are running an old version of Tweetbot and having problems, please update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
7 hours later and it's still not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not having any problems accessing Twitter via the official Twitter app on my iPhone 5. If you don't have 2-step verification enabled, delete the app, reboot your device and then reinstall it. Be sure to create a backup first.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I received an E-Mail stating that I had to change my password. In the E-Mail there was a link for me to go into to change the PW. Then I had to update the PW in my other phone and computers. Check and see if there is an E-Mail like the one I had received. This happened to me this AM when I tried to use twitter.

Vinny

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
7 hours later and it's still not working.

As of today October 23 I am still unable to send a tweet from inside another app. I continue to get messages saying connection to twitter has failed. Does anyone have an idea! I can do this from my iPad on iOS 7 but can not from my iPhone 5S on iOS 7. Thanks for any insight you may have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2