FaceTime over cellular.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can FaceTime over cellular to Verizon Wireless customers without a problem and *occasionally* to AT&T customers with my iPhone 4S. The last time I tried to FaceTime over cellular with my daughter (AT&T), it didn't work. That was a couple of weeks ago, I suppose.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Facetime Over Cellular Now A Go For Many AT&T Unlimited Data Customers | Cult of Mac

Facetime Over Cellular Now A Go For Many AT&T Unlimited Data Customers

Tweet

John Brownlee (5:14 am PDT, Nov 21st)

AT&T has notoriously been stingy, which made it no surprise back in August when they announced that they would only allow subscribers on Shared data plans ? and not grandfathered plans ? to utilize the new Facetime over Cellular feature in 2016.
Call it an early Christmas present, call it a change of heart, but AT&T has now opened up Facetime over Cellular to grandfathered unlimited data plans.

We?ve been receiving tips about the sudden change from Cult of Mac readers over the last few hours, like this one from tipster Michael B.
I have AT&T grandfathered unlimited data. Rebooted my phone and now FaceTime is enabled. Woohoo!

Looks like AT&T?s accountants figured out that they?ll make a bundle on overages with everyone making phone calls in High Def.
Indeed, users on Twitter and Reddit also confirm Facetime over Cellular now works for them on tiered and unlimited plans.
Unfortunately, such success cases don?t appear to be universal, suggesting that either AT&T is rolling out the feature gradually, or else that it may have been turned on for some users accidentally.
Is AT&T Facetime over Cellular working for you on a non-shared data fan? Let us know in the comments below.

Read more at Facetime Over Cellular Now A Go For Many AT&T Unlimited Data Customers | Cult of Mac

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711