Twitter iOS6 iPhone 5 / No notification being received.

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a 32GB iPhone 5 and i had the money to upgrade it to a 64GB Model. Since i restored my backup on the new phone i do not get any push alerts from any application specially twitter! I have to open the app itself and refresh everything so i can see that i have new mentions and DMs. I don't want to restore my iPhone and set it up as a new phone without restoring it from the old backup because i need my messages, notes etc..

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Is something related to the backup i have made from the old iPhone or just a bug that i can fix? I need help please. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Try clearing history & cookies from Safari. I had this issue yesterday after restoring my iPhone 4S as new.
Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
What does safari have to do with the twitter app?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Shmoham,

Not a techie so I don't know.
The Twitter support site suggested doing it and I did and it solved my problem.
I did this after deleting the app and turning my phone off and on with no success.

Good Luck

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having a similar problem with four square. I have it set as an alert with badges and sounds on. I never see any notifications unless I actually go into four square. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
A apple genius told me 4 square was a issue on his iphone 5 killing battery etc because it was constantly running .. Maybe check app reviews see if other have issues ... I'm sure they updated if by now but could be a bug they missed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711