New Upcoming Twitter App

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For you Tweetbot users: does that (or any other 3rd party Twitter app) integrate into iOS's native Twitter features, or do you need to have the official app installed? I've never used anything but the official app and you all have me curious!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
For you Tweetbot users: does that (or any other 3rd party Twitter app) integrate into iOS's native Twitter features, or do you need to have the official app installed? I've never used anything but the official app and you all have me curious!

as far as i can tell the native OS does not necessarily need the official app to tweet. well, that's how it is with iOS 6. the same with FB and the ability to post messages from the NC

and no integration with Tweetbot but it has never been a concern for me either

"try it, you might like it"

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I might give it a go soon, but I'm beta testing another Twitter app/tweak and want to keep things clean to avoid issues with that...the one thing that really bugs me about Tweetbot is the icon--I just think it's the worst. Of course, I can change that if needed!

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I actually like TfiP. Only thing that drives me nuts is at times when I tweet someone the iphone app doesn't always find the person I am tweeting. So I have to remember the entire username and spell it completly out. Has anyone else had this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed the new Twitter for iphone app last night and thus far, I'm liking it. I've yet to see any ads (Thank GOD), the follower tweet notifications work great, I can see everyone's profiles without a problem and it is fast and responsive, at least on my device. I think I'm going to hang on to it for a bit longer HaHa.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I installed the new Twitter for iphone app last night and thus far, I'm liking it. I've yet to see any ads (Thank GOD), the follower tweet notifications work great, I can see everyone's profiles without a problem and it is fast and responsive, at least on my device. I think I'm going to hang on to it for a bit longer HaHa.

do you have SMS notifications turned off on your account within your Twitter settings via web?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Follower Notification

I've never had SMS notifications enabled via the Twitter web site settings.

the reason why i ask is because i use sms notifications for certain people i follow to get the instant notification already. the problem being i have to work my way into Tweetbot to respond/reply

obviously with the updated Twitter app it can be done right from the lockscreen or banner (via app) which seems very convenient

are you using this feature like i have described? and overall how do you like using it?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
the reason why i ask is because i use sms notifications for certain people i follow to get the instant notification already. the problem being i have to work my way into Tweetbot to respond/reply

obviously with the updated Twitter app it can be done right from the lockscreen or banner (via app) which seems very convenient

are you using this feature like i have described? and overall how do you like using it?

No problem, my friend, and yes, I am using it in the manner you described and I like it. There are still some bugs, one in particular is somewhat annoying & that is after I've sent a tweet and return to the home timeline screen, the words, "sending tweet" remains at the top of the screen even though I can see the sent tweet in the timeline. It prevents me from tapping on the time to scroll quickly to the top. I have to exit the app and re-initiate it to get it back to the way it should. It doesn't happen all the time, however. Still, I like it overall and I'm a power user, but not the type to follow celebrities, athletes, etcetera. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
oh man. i just realized that this is a horrible feature if someone wants to stalk you! :eek: lol

(laughing(...I suppose you could be stalked to an extent, especially people who like to include their location in the tweet. Today's generation seem to enjoy broadcasting their whereabouts to everyone except their parents ;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
(laughing(...I suppose you could be stalked to an extent, especially people who like to include their location in the tweet. Today's generation seem to enjoy broadcasting their whereabouts to everyone except their parents ;)

exactly. it's almost frightening how much info kids will give out on the internet now

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
are you still using the Twitter app? or have you gone back to Tweetbot..

I'm still using the Official Twitter app and the bug I mentioned earlier seemed to have worked itself out. I like the new app and I'll continue to use it for the remainder of the day and then decide whether or not to delete it. I still have Tweetbot installed, by the way. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm still using the Official Twitter app and the bug I mentioned earlier seemed to have worked itself out. I like the new app and I'll continue to use it for the remainder of the day and then decide whether or not to delete it. I still have Tweetbot installed, by the way. ;)

well.. what's the verdict?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used it almost exclusively since I've installed it. The specific tweet notification is a big win in my opinion. I follow certain members of Congress and have Twitter set to notify me when some of them tweet and it works flawlessly. When I'm notified of the tweets and tap on the alert in the notification center, the official Twitter app is initiated and I end up tweeting with it instead of Tweetbot. Given a few more tweaks and it will be hard to compete with.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro