Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

Default Facebook App

The official FB app is pure garbage. I've tried MyPad, don't like it. What are some of the best FB apps that you guys recommend? BTW, it simply amazes me that a company like FB can't make a better app than that.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
    The official FB app is pure garbage. I've tried MyPad, don't like it. What are some of the best FB apps that you guys recommend? BTW, it simply amazes me that a company like FB can't make a better app than that.
    I'm assuming you are talking about the iPad version?

If so, I completely agree. Case and point, the iPhone got Facebook Timeline support in early December '11. How on early, over 4 months later, does the iPad app still not support Timeline?
    App is slow, fairly often crashes, and Chat is essentially unusable from the iPad. Countless times I will log in on a computer and find a message that someone was trying to "Chat" to me while I was online on my iPad.

Luckily I am not a heavy Facebook user and don't have to use the iPad app very often.

For an alternative way of checking your Facebook (doesn't include EVERYTHING) download Flipboard.
    You can link your Facebook, Twitter, and add any general interests and the app provides an aesthetically-pleasing way of scrolling through it all.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

hmm.. it works fine with me.. i don't have any problem with it.
    does FB app doesn't work or has a problem with you?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Me as well is also fine with it..Don't have any problem regarding to this...FB App does work on any smart phone...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts

I think the API sucks, because all of the mobile apps that use it are junk.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

The app is terrible. Look at the reviews. I would even pay if they could make a quality app.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,976 Global Posts

On my iPad (3rd gen) it is slow, crashes occassionally, doesn't auto refresh when you open the app (I always have to "Pull to Refresh") and always reverts to "Top Stories" even though I keep changing it to "Most Recent". It's frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

It's so bad that for some reason the ratings in the app store have been removed. Is FB pressing Apple to not let this app/trash have a rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

FB does work on any smart phone and i am also fine with it...
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

I am surprised owning both an iphone 4 and bb 9930 how often the bb app is updated as opposed to the iphone app. Does rim build internally?