Did Apple court the wrong social network?

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
One of the key features Apple points to in iOS5 is its Twitter integration. They've taken that even a step further by adding the feature to their OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion operating system. At a glance, this seems like a logical more since there are somewhere around 350 million Twitter users out there. That sounds great, except there are over 850 million Facebook users out there....hmmmm.

I understand the not-so-lovey relationship between FB and Apple, but I'm convinced the majority of iPhone users would rather FB integration over Twitter, as there are 500 million or so more FB users than Twitter users. So the question is, did Apples pride lead them down the wrong path, or was this a legitimate business decision that has yet to bear its fruit?

IMO....iOS should have both integrated. :cool:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Facebook is a blight on social networks and has become nothing more than a gaming site.

Twitter is a brilliant social network, and vastly superior to FB in every way.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Facebook is a blight on social networks and has become nothing more than a gaming site.

Seems like a very narrow minded view. I personally find them both very useful for different things, and none of them involve gaming. I like FB for keeping up with friends and family....and I like Twitter for keeping up with the rest of the world. I try not to be overly critical of other peoples comments, but that just came across as pure ignorance......seems like trolling to me, guess I fell for it.

rkguy

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I was interested to read about that, but the linked article above mentioned nothing about it, only that there was a possibility that we would see such integration in iOS5, which we all know didn't happen.

"Despite past issues, such as Facebook?s planned integration with the Cupertino company?s Ping being scrapped at the very last minute, Apple and Facebook could find allies in each other in the mutual battle against Google." - This was scrapped because they didn't come to an agreement.. I can't find the original article which discusses the deal though :(

Reactions: sofryj

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
"Despite past issues, such as Facebook?s planned integration with the Cupertino company?s Ping being scrapped at the very last minute, Apple and Facebook could find allies in each other in the mutual battle against Google." - This was scrapped because they didn't come to an agreement.. I can't find the original article which discusses the deal though :(

It's a shame....I guess that's what happens when you get 2 of the biggest egos in the world in the same room. I wonder what the sticking point was. Remember when Apple and Verizon couldn't come to an agreement.....boy I bet Verizon regretted that.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

I apologize for my previous reply to your comment......you are completely entitles to your own opinion, no matter how ridiculous (that last part was a joke to be light hearted)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I apologize for my previous reply to your comment......you are completely entitles to your own opinion, no matter how ridiculous (that last part was a joke to be light hearted)

If you were my child I'd smack you upside the head and ask what's wrong with you for suggesting a mod sounds like a troll. Glad to see you came to your senses before I had to do something you might regret. :p

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you were my child I'd smack you upside the head and ask what's wrong with you for suggesting a mod sounds like a troll. Glad to see you came to your senses before I had to do something you might regret. :p

Haha virtual smack lol quick get a patent Ismack lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

busyoranges

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
After I joined twitter I started to hate facebook. Twitter is designed to be simple and intuitive. And that's a big win in comparison with facebook. So I think Apple+Twitter will do just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2