Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default twitter new tweet notifications

I am wondering if anyone knows of an app that shows you when there is new tweets posted (similar to ubertwitter for bb). The only apps I have found allow you to open the app to see new tweets or push replies or direct messages to you.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn't find anything on it.
    iMore Intermediate

114 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I was searching for something similar a while back but the only solution I could come up with was to enable text messages from twitter. You can choose to receive a text message everytime someone tweets something new. It's kind of cool because you can choose selected people from your friends list.

Hope this helps
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

You need an app called Boxcar. It pushes your tweets (& Googlevoice, Facebook, & a few other status update services) to your iPhone and alerts you as they come in. You can read them in Boxcar, or go into the app of your choice.
    iMore Elite

2,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,950 Global Posts

Word to ya mutha on Boxcar. Not a single Twitter app that has built in push is worthwhile. And I think I own quite a few of them, huh?

Boxcar works most of the time, except when he takes down the system for maintenance.