Twitter for iPhone not alerting...

Jimieo

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Having a bit of trouble that's pretty new. The official twitter client is no longer alerting me when new messages arrive.

If it helps I jailbroke with Spirit..

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I was having a problem earlier with Boxcar not alerting .. but it started up again after a couple hours .. maybe there was something down with the twitter network as a whole for a while? Idk ..

KevinMartin

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Having a bit of trouble that's pretty new. The official twitter client is no longer alerting me when new messages arrive.

If it helps I jailbroke with Spirit..

In my opinion, Jail breaking is not good option for your handset because sometime it damage other features also so, I would recommend you that check your application problem over internet.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
FWIW: I get the Twitter notifications but no badges on the iPhone 4S.
I've done everything I could do to resolve it.
Finally Twitter support said it would be resolved in the next update.
Apparently this is an issue with a few users because most on the thread I posted didn't have the problem.

Good Luck

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
FWIW: I get the Twitter notifications but no badges on the iPhone 4S.
I've done everything I could do to resolve it.
Finally Twitter support said it would be resolved in the next update.
Apparently this is an issue with a few users because most on the thread I posted didn't have the problem.

Good Luck

The badge never changes from 1 regardless of how many you have. That is for everyone as well. Not random. Why it is still not fixed, I have no idea. Can't be a big issue to correct.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The badge never changes from 1 regardless of how many you have. That is for everyone as well. Not random. Why it is still not fixed, I have no idea. Can't be a big issue to correct.

Tks J but I don't even get the complimentary 1 badge.

Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Just an update.

I had to do a restore as new on my iPhone 4S because of some unrelated Twitter issues.
Twitter definitely doesn't like my iPhone.
Still no stinking badges.

Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just an update.

I had to do a restore as new on my iPhone 4S because of some unrelated Twitter issues.
Twitter definitely doesn't like my iPhone.
Still no stinking badges.

Good Luck

The Twitter app works well on my iPad as well as display the badge notifications, however, I haven't used it on my iPhone in a while. I use Tweetbot on it.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The Twitter app works well on my iPad as well as display the badge notifications, however, I haven't used it on my iPhone in a while. I use Tweetbot on it.

JMD,
You're getting badge notifications on your iPad?
I get no notifications on my iPad at all for Twitter.
TIA

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned before, check out tweetbot, I love that app had only one issue with it since i installed it 6 months ago. No problems since

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Did I miss something here? Only way it updates me of new tweets is If I set up notifications of each individual I'm following. Now that's extremely annoying and like every one else no badge notifications either. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to make u set notifications for each individual person to get notified that's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Tweetbot people. I have a question I just downloaded the app. Turned notifications on. But it isn't notifying me. It isn't showing up on my phone in notifications or anything it's not even showing up on my phone as an app really. Does this phone give a badge icon and work with notification center. Any help would be great.

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Tweetbot people. I have a question I just downloaded the app. Turned notifications on. But it isn't notifying me. It isn't showing up on my phone in notifications or anything it's not even showing up on my phone as an app really. Does this phone give a badge icon and work with notification center. Any help would be great.

It's in notification setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did I miss something here? Only way it updates me of new tweets is If I set up notifications of each individual I'm following.
New tweets or mentions? Being that tweets are constantly streaming, your phone would never stop notifying you. I only have the Twitter app to notify me of mentions and DMs as depicted via the screenshot. With those notifications comes the alert and badge.
Now that's extremely annoying and like every one else no badge notifications either. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to make u set notifications for each individual person to get notified that's crazy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350749864.206665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350749864.206665.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 19

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I want to be notified of new tweets. Non stop I know that would be annoying but I'm so busy all time if I'm not notified I'll never check simply because ill forget. Is this possible ?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to be notified of new tweets. Non stop I know that would be annoying but I'm so busy all time if I'm not notified I'll never check simply because ill forget. Is this possible ?

No. Not anymore.