Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

2,231 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,103 Global Posts

Talking Facebook notifications, sound in particular...

...has anyone noticed that over the last few days, when receiving comments, messages, etc, on their iPhone(s), Facebook seems to play a sound now?

I've noticed it a few times now, on my Mrs' iPhone. Albeit, it's not done it on mine once! And, I'm running 3.1.3, just like she is. Weird!?!
    iMore Expert

779 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

Mine started today sending me audible notifications.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

I've experienced the same thing except that it has been intermittent.
    I had a couple of notifications come through with sound about three days ago, then it stopped, and then I just recieved one with sound then.
    I am very keen to have sound, but would rather have no sound at all than intermittent sound.
    I hope they fix it. Considering the size of the userbase that would access facebook from their iphone/ipod/ipad they should really fix all these bugs that are cropping up in the facebook app.
    iMore Intermediate

192 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

It would be great if notifications were fixed, but I have yet to receive any sound. Even then, I don't always get notifications with Facebook, so it seems to be broken on several levels.
    iMore Pro

643 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts

I've previously read a lot about the inconsistency of Facebook notifications with the iPhone app. Can't recall seeing any rhyme or reason to it. Some people had issues; some didn't. I've personally turned off all notifications for the app itself. So I'm not seeing any notifications, but that's intentional.