Facebook news feed question

thadjudkins

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I've noticed that the news feed on the iPhone version of fb never, ever matches the desktop version. Across many installs and a few phones, it's just different, only has about half the updates and many users just don't show up. This seems too consistent and reproducible to be a bug to me. Is there some setting for which users will be visible in the iPhone app version or something?

Thanks

/thad

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like the desktop. Let's face it, Facebook just sucks. Even Facebook knows it, or they wouldn't keep changing the layout around trying to find something that works.

thadjudkins

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
It's just odd, if I do the full site, the mobile site and the facebook app I get a predictably different list of people in my news feed. It seems like there's a setting somewhere for which people show up in which newsfeeds. Just weird.

thadjudkins

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
FB app shows all statuses... FB desktop, shows some. If you click "Friends" then "Status Updates" you will see all the statuses you're missing.

That's definitely not the case for me. The desktop version shows probably 2-3 times the updates and from everyone. The iPhone version shows many less and also seems to completely omit updates from many people. That's why I assumed there must be a setting somewhere that certain people's updates wouldn't ever show up on the iPhone.

/thad

Bill77

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Same with me thadjudkins. Getting all news on the pc and not all on my iphone. Same question. Isn't there some way to choose or re-rechoose friends on your news feed on FB for iphone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2